Pod Your Reef

Best way to fight Dino's ?

Reefkid88

Over the past few weeks,I've started gettig brown filmy algae,but recently it's been getting bubbly and I came home tonight and there's brownish/green algaes with bubbles all over the place.. The tanks only 2 gallons what's the best way to fight it ?

I've got quiet a bit of sps,so a 3 day blackout probably won't be good.

image-179.jpg

image-181.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
jedimasterben

The only way to be rid of them is to throw away anything that cannot be cleaned with acid.

If you want, send me some schmutz in a little baggie and I'll put it under the scope for you while I still have it with me.

drastically reduce feedings. a good scrubbing and water change followed by a 3 day lights out. if you start over feedi g again, itll come back, but I got rid of mine like this.

Read somewhere maintaining a higher PH can help fight them, think it was while searching kalkwasser slurry dosing. Sorry can't be more informative than that heh.

I think I may have gotten whatever it was somewhat under control. I took everything out (filter,media basket,skimmer and heater) and scrubbed and soaked it in vinegar and did a huge wc and put new carbon and GFO in and that put a huge dent in the algae. I still need to scrub and soak my powerhead.

Whatever it was,was outrageous,that's all I have to say. Dino's or not.

Archived