Coral Vue Hydros

help me decide

russ722

Need some help on deciding what to get for first small tank.I've had a 46 bow front and 29g biocube before,no I just want something smaller.1. My 3 choices so far is a aqeon evolve 8, fluval edge & off course the fluval spec v.

2.Which do you guys recommend? At most live stock would be snails/crab and 1 small clownfish and corals down the road.

3.as far as quality,ease of maintence ,and options what do you recommend?

Edgeeeee. And de-rim the stupid thing :P get a nano box or kessil or an ai-nano and you're set!

fyO6hekl.jpg

*The only good edge is a de-rimmed. Just kidding, but lighting them is difficult... and well mine was cracked so why not!

Honestly I was going to go with a Coral Compulsion 18k par 30. Can't beat the price. But this kessil was one heck of a deal and I wanted overkill if anything for my SPS / mini maxis. My Acro is only 1 week old and it's still looking good; however, i'll keep everyone posted.

Spec is longer. Edge is deeper. Spec might be a little easier to light but a par30/38 will be better on an edge. Spec is an AIO and has some easy modes. on the Edge you have to use a HOB or sump set up but def doable

thanks for the reply guys, jeep ive seen yours...very nice work ..ive actually read your post from the start to finish :)

man this is a tough choice:)

Regardless of what we all say, the beauty is it's completely up to you! Biggest thing I like to tell people is NEVER try to mimic someone else's tank regardless of how cool. It's meant to be YOUR tank. We're just all here to enjoy the ride with you

Archived