• Created
  • Last Reply

Some pics:

SrfhEDc.jpg

OmKOSeF.jpg

2ZaD4KK.jpg

Wsz2AKx.jpg

fEQq4Xc.jpg

Well I traded my Picasso Clowns for the Black Snowflakes to a local breeder, straight up even trade which was cool. These guys are beautiful! I also got this carpet anemone from a co worker that traded it to me for programming his radion. I got it in hopes that the clowns will host it, but we will see.

Tank is doing good overall, tons of babies on everything, great color etc etc. :D

Great additions. Is that a gig?

I believe so, the short tentacle one. Although I prefer the longer tentacle carpets I hear they're much harder to take care of.

It's all attached as of today, and the clowns don't seem super interested. I'm hoping they take to it.

Snapped a few pics today, I hate clownfish, lol.

My Red Planet is turning green, woottttt! This is exactly what I wanted to happen, but it does worry me. I've read they grow green under low lights, and this guy is in the top 80% of the tank. I hope my lighting isn't too low.

q2neWP9.jpg

zdWqOvU.jpg

Sunny D Baby coloring up:

XUFJZx7.jpg

Why I hate Clownfish:

098yKQK.jpg

These guys are digging too! Damnit!!!!!!

Just found a CadLights 50G with stand sump protein skimmer all that jazz for $600 OBO locally. Really bummed I don't have that money. Really really bummed lol. This would be the perfect fit in my living room and my wife would actually be okay with this one! Damnitttt!

I would have picked it up LOL! waited to long to setup my 30L....

The CadLights guy said he would sell me everything minus the live stock and coral for $400. I'm scrambling to come up with $400. If I had an expensive coral worth that much I would be selling that in a heart beat!

lilmatty5dimes

Sunny d are tricky. They will morph to something told different when you give or take away lighting. I love that scoly. It's so bright.

Oh man I found a 60g 30x24x20 over in altimona springs for $600 full set that's pretty awesome. I'm trying to do the same thing. Lol

Anemone isn't looking so hot as of recently. I'm going to keep an eye on it, but I'm not sure why it would be dying. Water parameter are spot on. It's attached, and in good light. I'm not sure what's wrong with it.

lilmatty5dimes

Anemone isn't looking so hot as of recently. I'm going to keep an eye on it, but I'm not sure why it would be dying. Water parameter are spot on. It's attached, and in good light. I'm not sure what's wrong with it.

Go on reef central and check the anemone forum and look around there. How long as it been in captivated?

Tanks looking GREAT man! I am getting ready to put a new one up here in the next month or so as soon as I get my yearly bonus.

On the gun issue, coming from someone who's been there done that.....anything less than a .40 SW is a waste of time. Nothing more UN-nerving then having a jam on an M4, going to an M9 and watching a guy run away after you hit him with a 9mm.....worthless. I feel the same way about the 5.56, in and out at any kind of close range, lame-sauce.

Begow for pic?

Go on reef central and check the anemone forum and look around there. How long as it been in captivated?

I'll try to post a picture tomorrow while I'm at work. It's been so ridiculously slammed recently! The anemone looks good some times, but mostly looks like shit and it's beginning to fade out which I find weird.

I have about $400 to spend on whatever I want right now and I'm so tempted to buy a 20 Fusion, or even a 30L, but with either of those I would need a new light, which I don't wanna bother with.

I'm feeling kind of bored, this tank is COMPLETELY stocked. I think I have about 16 frags now, and two fish. I'm not sure what else I could add! I thought of maybe a controller, but idk what the hell that's going to benefit me because this tank is so easy to take care of.

Any other ideas fellas? The tank is doing AMAZING. Corraline algae is out of control, I have a baby popping every day it seems. All my SPS is growing like crazy and it's just going great! I just want more, more room, another fish possibly, more corals, maybe something equipment wise.

Help me out!

I'm in love with those clownfish. :wub:

Thank you, they still dig and are a pain in the ass but oh well :P

Still need to find myself something to buy for the tank!

I'll try to post a picture tomorrow while I'm at work. It's been so ridiculously slammed recently! The anemone looks good some times, but mostly looks like shit and it's beginning to fade out which I find weird.

I have about $400 to spend on whatever I want right now and I'm so tempted to buy a 20 Fusion, or even a 30L, but with either of those I would need a new light, which I don't wanna bother with.

I'm feeling kind of bored, this tank is COMPLETELY stocked. I think I have about 16 frags now, and two fish. I'm not sure what else I could add! I thought of maybe a controller, but idk what the hell that's going to benefit me because this tank is so easy to take care of.

Any other ideas fellas? The tank is doing AMAZING. Corraline algae is out of control, I have a baby popping every day it seems. All my SPS is growing like crazy and it's just going great! I just want more, more room, another fish possibly, more corals, maybe something equipment wise.

Help me out!

You got some great pieces....just leave shit alone and let it grow out.

......put that $400 towards another gun ....just not the tie-dyed, double rainbow one :lol:

You got some great pieces....just leave shit alone and let it grow out.

......put that $400 towards another gun ....just not the tie-dyed, double rainbow one :lol:

How do you keep busy with the tank then man? My maintenance schedule is just so damn easy. Clean the glass a few times a week, I stir and siphon my sand, I turkey baste my rocks, and then a water change every Monday of about 2 gallons. I need something to do with the tank.

I'm going to post some photos too, a huge huge huge huge photo dump.

Firstly the anemone, looking like crap:

O2J9Ltn.jpg

5phM8MT.jpg

Red Planet is super green:

YWP88pL.jpg

aL1fpOH.jpg

Euw5xjp.jpg

Babies have color now on the Rainbow Acans:

0XV4Ada.jpg

Car is dirty as hell!

XfWsRMR.jpg

Four babies total on my Latin Lovers:

NcfezQr.jpg

Three babies on Utter Chaos:

2iJLK6J.jpg

My new Green Acan Frag, in person they have orange, red, and blue stripes on the polyps (hard to capture) I jokingly named them Rasta Limeades with my wife. You can also see my Rasta baby too, the slowest growing zoa I have.

4yUs0MX.jpg

e5mRXHy.jpg

Two babies on Chuckie's Bride:

LqWljAg.jpg

Super heavy blues:

O6TTmV9.jpg

My baby boy:

hFsZTAL.jpg

xmg5xkG.jpg

As you can see the tank is really taking off, I mean it's doing amazing! I just want something more to do with it. Maybe I'll buy the flipper cleaner or something to help with the coralline. I just want something new and fancy.

You got balls putting a carpet in a 10 gallon I like your style ;). Tank is really looking good!

Haha thanks sir, I got it in hopes that the clownfish would host it and not dig, but they are digging of course! It looks good sometimes, but mostly bad. My tank is spot on for levels, so I'm not sure what it's issue is. It's been in captivity for 5 years, and is attached, has good feeding response.. I hope it makes it.

Are you gonna go for an algae scrubber you mentioned a few pages back? I'm seriously considering one for mine.

I'm still thinking about it. Idk how effective they can be in a small tank like this though, and I don't know if I want to starve my tank of nutrients super hard since I'm light on the SPS.

Haha thanks sir, I got it in hopes that the clownfish would host it and not dig, but they are digging of course! It looks good sometimes, but mostly bad. My tank is spot on for levels, so I'm not sure what it's issue is. It's been in captivity for 5 years, and is attached, has good feeding response.. I hope it makes it.

I am hoping to get one this Spring. Need to move some LPS and Z's and P's first.

Archived