inTank Media Baskets

Bryopsis

picoreef78

On your next water change, take the rock out, scrape it off with a toothbrush, spritz it with hydrogen peroxide, wait 3 minutes, rinse in old tank water, then put the rock back in.

That is going to be my plan. I have had an aggressive nutrient reduction. Dip the two big infested rocks in H2O2. This stuff is just a pain in the rear.

I have done the Tech M route without much success in the past. That was for the Bryopsis pennata.

That is going to be my plan. I have had an aggressive nutrient reduction. Dip the two big infested rocks in H2O2. This stuff is just a pain in the rear.

I have done the Tech M route without much success in the past. That was for the Bryopsis pennata.

I'd spritz it with pure H202 first instead of dipping it and see how that works out for you. You use less (save $$) and works just as well, IMO. I got a little bottle at walgreen's (a little larger than lipstick size) and just filled it with H202.

Tech M worked for me, but only after I removed the carbon from my filter. It seemed to be removing the "impurity" that affects the bryopsis, and it also did wonky things to my salinity.

• 5 weeks later...

Bryopsis defeated, three weeks with one spritz/week aiming at the nooks, crannies and avoiding corals.

Fingers crossed the clean up crew and spreading coraline algae keep it in check.

Archived