Coral Vue Hydros

Clams got my net! Help!

googoomas

Crazy thing happened, while trying to net a fish I dropped my net back into the tank and it landed right in my clam. The clam has shut around the nets handle and i can't get it out. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

IMG_5565_zps4f6e9c50.jpg

IMG_5566_zpse2e39901.jpg

This is kind of hilarious.

I'd say definitely don't upset the clam! It should relax in its own time, just make sure that the net won't just slip further into the shell if the clam opens up. Maybe lean it towards some other side, if you can.

Yeah, I don't want to pull it out or hurt the clam. I wedged the net against the side, hopefully he'll open enough for me to pull it out. Sucks but it is kinda funny. I'll keep you guys updated

Well that's ballsed that up lol. Couldn't do that again if you tried. When I stop chuckling I'll try and think of some way to help you out.

Best thing is probably patience and maybe supporting the net on a line or something under a little tension so when the clam relaxes and lets go/opens the net lifts clear/doesn't drop further in as said hurting the clam.

Alternatively leave it over night and see if the clam catches that fish you were after, he's only trying to help lol...................

Good news, I got home from work and the clam was relaxed enough for me to pull the net out. We'll see how he's looking when the lights kick on today...

Try and get the tang before the lights kick in. Fish are dopy in the early hours. Could I catch my lemon chromis last night out of my sump where I've had him living along with all my stock while waiting for the main tank to cycle, got home from my night shift this morning and caught him straight off no effort.

Glad the clam seems ok. Hopefully not to traumatic for him and there will be no ill effects.

Archived