SaltCritters.com

Stocking 66 Gallon

CrazyCarl

Current stock

1 - B&W Ocellaris

1 - Yellow Eye Kole Tang

1 - Yellow Assessor

I would definitely like a few more fish to fill out the SCA66G 32 x 24 x 20 tank. It is a mixed reef w/ a good amount of SPS frags.

I would like to eventually get a mandarin at some point after the tank is a little more established (so new additions would have to be compatible) I would also like a colorful, active wrasse of some sort. I am thinking mystery wrasse, or yellow coris, or both. I have a clam and a gorg, so not really too keen on attempting any angels, but am open to suggestions based on personal experiences. I really do not like "reef safe with caution" fish, to me it seems to be not if; but only when the fish will turn on you.

How many more/what type of fish do you suggest?

Just listing species that I like for reef tanks. I wouldn't put all these in that size tank.

Other assessors, chalk bass, royal gramma, springers or talbots damsel, orchid dottyback, black bar chromis, black axil chromis, agile chromis, blue reef chromis, firefish, Banggai cardinals.

These are the only damsels and only dottyback that I consider community reef friendly.

Just listing species that I like for reef tanks. I wouldn't put all these in that size tank.

Other assessors, chalk bass, royal gramma, springers or talbots damsel, orchid dottyback, black bar chromis, black axil chromis, agile chromis, blue reef chromis, firefish, Banggai cardinals.

These are the only damsels and only dottyback that I consider community reef friendly.

Thanks for the suggestions, I like the idea of some bangaii cardinals and maybe a fire fish. I actually have a Talbots, but he was picking at my clam in my 16 gallon, he is now relegated to the sump. Otherwise a model citizen and very active, I suspect he would be less likely to nip at the clam (or do it less frequently) in a larger tank, but still do not want to risk it.

i have a 40G tank and i have a threadfin butterfly, green chromis, 2 clowns, firefish, bangai cardinal and a scooter blenny. I wasnt that keen on the look of chromis but they are super active, contantly swimming and really peaceful (except with other chromis) really cheap too. Firefish have a lot of character, chill in holes in the rock and then just cruise around the tank for a bit, but for me having paired clowns beats everything, they swim around and chase each other all day long, they get one another to sleep next to each other they add so much fun and character to a tank, every tank must have them!

• 2 weeks later...

only caveat on the mandarin is for a tank of your size, I would recommend "training" the mandarin to take frozen food before you place them into the main tank as you will not have enough pods to last them long enough.

Archived