Pod Your Reef

21 electrical cords needed for my marine system! Aahhhhhh!

vlangel

Ok, I recently just added a new tank to my salt water system. It already had a 36g LPS tank and a 30g seahorse tank, both with 3 plug T5 fixtures, both with protein skimmers, both with multiple power heads, a shared chiller and controller,a UV sterilizer and a sump light. Fortunately all that is on a dedicated aquarium circuit. The new tank is only a 10g with a strip light, an aqua lifter and a Rio 800 pump but I got to wondering if the circuit could handle the electrical draw if the chiller kicked on? It has not been running since it is cold. After all, I am going to reach the place where the circuit can't handle one more piece of equipment and maybe I am there!!! For that reason I moved the 2 protein skimmers and the UV sterilizer on to another outlet. I figure they are non essential equipment as far as tank viability, (that the tanks will be just fine for a short time without them) and the circuit should not have any more electrical draw than before I added the 10g. How about you, any of you pushing the limits as far as equipment?

Archived