SaltCritters.com

34g Solana build

CrazyEyes

I'm not terribly worried about the GHA other than it being hideous to look at. I had the phosphates tested to see how much of this phosphate rx to add but ofcourse it came back 0 because of the GHA. I might hold off on the phosphate rx for now and see what time, water changes and my group of minion snails do.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Better plan :)

IMHO too many people start a new tank with dry rock and dry sand, get a biopellet reactor going, shitloads of carbon and GFO, making the tank too 'sterile' and it never really 'gets going'. Dump some food in, use some carbon passively and a good skimmer, and let the uglies come forth. :)

Well the hair algae has just about disappeared but, both my clowns died to brooklynella. On a positive note, my new QD drivers should be here soon so we'll see if my mp10s quiet down much.

I love the Solana I wish Current still made them.

I have to ask wtf is with your sig? is it just me or does it drive anyone else ####ing nuts?

It's Ron Swanson from Parks and Rec. I've been meaning to make a nice custom sig but I'm lazy and haven't done it yet.

• 2 weeks later...
lilmatty5dimes

The struggle is real, when you have to run gfo and you dont have any filter bags on hand.

IMG_20150609_173208489_zpseq0ctz8a.jpg

grab a pair of pantyhose. lol

Legendary Corals

grab a pair of pantyhose. lol

Yuuuuup. Just don't say "the struggle is real" when you check out at the store with pantyhouse in your hand...

Its always funny when the cashier looks at you weird when you're paying for your queen size panty hose.

lilmatty5dimes

Yuuuuup. Just don't say "the struggle is real" when you check out at the store with pantyhouse in your hand...

LMAO.

Oh don't use your wife's only good pair from fredericks. That could bite ya in the ass twice.

• 2 weeks later...

Update. Tank still sucks. Removed all the coral so I could run it without lights. GHA doesn't seem to be quite as bad, have been running rowaphos and dosing Microbacter7 to build up beneficial bacteria. Hopefully I can add the coral again in a few weeks. Oh yeah, drilled the overflow part on the tank so I could run a sock. Am either going to build a media basket for it or buy an IM desktop reactor to run rowaphos in.

IMG_20150613_182445538_zpsxdihywu2.jpg

Added a phosban reactor because running the rowaphos passively just wasn't working. Added about 2-3 times the recommended amount to the reactor because I figured why not, nothing in the tank to hurt.

Tank is sold.

Huh? You got rid of the Solana? your scape was amazing I was looking forward to this tank.

Well, it was sold until the buyer backed out. Ohwell, if anyone in the Tampa area is looking for a running cube PM me.

lilmatty5dimes

Well, it was sold until the buyer backed out. Ohwell, if anyone in the Tampa area is looking for a running cube PM me.

Dang what are you asking for it? Just curious.

Archived