Pod Your Reef

One more "larger" fish

slowngreen

Kinda looking for ideas for another fish I can add to my 75g. Which is softies, lps and some sps. Im hoping maybe for a larger fish, by larger I mean like a tang size rather than a goby size.

I currently have...

1 Yellow tang 3"

1 green chromis

1 lawnmower

1 blood shrimp

1 clown

1 yellow choris

1 hawkfish

I see people all the time with blue tangs in with their yellow tags in 75's but Ive read so many times that tangs dont get along with other tags, so Im nervous about that. Although I would like one if it were a good option.

Opinions? Suggestions? What about a Pyramid Butterfly?

Like? Ive seen people with the Flame? angels online but the only one Ive ever seen in person was super aggressive. I totally understand it can change fish to fish but that little guy made me nervous about them.

You would probably be fine with a bristletooth tang. It's unlikely you'll have problems with the yellow and a bristletooth. I wouldn't do any other tang though.

Both Paracanthurus tangs and Acanthurus typically need a much larger tank and are often very poor tankmates due to their aggression and vulnerability to get ich and other infections.

Foxface are great but you would want to have a home for them down the road. A healthy one will outgrow that tank in a year or two at most. They're great fish for algae control and they have a much better personality than most tangs IMO, but they get big and have a ton of energy. I have had to rehome even one spots from my 90 as they're clearly too much fish for the tank.

Hmm ok Ive not thought about a Foxface. I do think I will upgrade again down the road to a 125. Thanks for the suggestions. Any more?

Larger fish? Large anthias like Squarespots, smaller tangs, medium sized angels. Apolemichthys and Genicanthus would be cool. Melanurus wrasse.

Archived