Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Good colorful SPS coral to fill negative spaces?

MrNanoReef

Looking for encrusting corals to fill negative spaces, something colorful that don't star a chemical war aggressively when it touches main neighboring corals (Acro, Birdsnest, Monticap, zoas, LPS, ect). Any suggestions?

I got Tyree Sunset, Tropical Rainbow and Superman (least fav) from Morgan, but these are aggressive and will kill any SPS as it touches them, im trying to separate them with zoas in between, hopefully they don't get run over.

http://www.reefgardener.net/products.php?product=Big-Tyree-Sunset-Montipora

http://www.reefgardener.net/products.php?product=Tropical-Rainbow-Montipora

I should mention I also got orange leptastrea.

Encrusting montipora and chalice corals come in a great variety of color/patterns. War corals and favia also have good patterns/colors if you like brain corals.

Encrusting montipora and chalice corals come in a great variety of color/patterns. War corals and favia also have good patterns/colors if you like brain corals.

How aggressive is chalice? not a big fan of war or favia though

Ohh favias do a good favia or two... they'll kill the SPS they come up against though. Umm you have expensive tastes lol just found a new monti tho... The Apple Berry.

Chalice are not super aggressive they will lose to most SPS

How aggressive is chalice? not a big fan of war or favia though

I would stay away from robokaki chalice as they throw out sweepers that are 4" or longer but all the rest should be ok.

I like the reeftech starburst monti, rainbow monti, sunset monti & forestfire digi

Been looking out for reeftech starburst monti but no one has them. digi looks nice too but acros are just eyes candy :). Been thinking about purple bansai, shortcake, monti setosa but im not sure if I should do too many acros. I don't want to mess with dosing, perfect param, etc.

Ohh favias do a good favia or two... they'll kill the SPS they come up against though. Umm you have expensive tastes lol just found a new monti tho... The Apple Berry.

Chalice are not super aggressive they will lose to most SPS

lol...trying to avoid that. I have limited tank space, might as well make the best out of it.

Many encrusting montipora will kill/fight with corals they come into contact with.

I got a few that im afraid that would happen eventually, wonder if it will be able to kill a zoas colony? using them as front line guards...lol

psammacora? pavona? leptoseris?

I had a neon green psammacora that would place nice with everything around it

There is a pavona called WWC Electro Pavona. I have one and it is a nice bright green/yellow. Looks much better than most I've seen.

I got a few that im afraid that would happen eventually, wonder if it will be able to kill a zoas colony? using them as front line guards...lol

My sunset monti can't kill the zoas I have near it so it literally grows over them.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived