Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

24x24x12 Slow and Steady(Didn't Realize how many frags I have)

0utkast

New camera delivered today. I went cheap but not too cheap. Canon has a sale on refurbed cameras. They come with one year warranty. I got an SL1 with 2 stock lenses for 269 bucks and a 50mm f1.8 lense for family stuff. Macro lens after the holidays(i hope).

So maybe in a few days I will have some decent pics.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just cant justify a full frame camera right now. It HAS to be better than the crap I get with my Iphone lol. I just got frustrated with me not getting pictures that even remotely look like what I have.

Side note. 6 Line is in the sump. He wanted to get aggressive so he can get aggressive all he wants with the chaeto until I can trade him in. Actually caught him with only moving one rock and draining 0 water. :D

I just cant justify a full frame camera right now. It HAS to be better than the crap I get with my Iphone lol. I just got frustrated with me not getting pictures that even remotely look like what I have.

Side note. 6 Line is in the sump. He wanted to get aggressive so he can get aggressive all he wants with the chaeto until I can trade him in. Actually caught him with only moving one rock and draining 0 water. :D

Super lucky you caught him so easily! I love the six lines, but after reading about their aggressive nature I got a Mccosker's Flasher Wrasse and melanurus wrasse.

jedimasterben

Do you have Lightroom?

Super lucky you caught him so easily! I love the six lines, but after reading about their aggressive nature I got a Mccosker's Flasher Wrasse and melanurus wrasse.

I moved a rock that he normall sleeps under to the front of the aquarium. Chased him for a few and he went under the same rock. So he was wedged between the rock and glass. Got 2 nets one on each side of the rock and poked him towards one till he went in.

That light! :o

I can actually already see changes!

Do you have Lightroom?

I've never used lightroom. Let me look it up. I've used photoshop in the past but thats about it.

jedimasterben

I've never used lightroom. Let me look it up. I've used photoshop in the past but thats about it.

Lightroom is a lot like photoshop but more geared towards photography and photo library management. Lightroom gives you quick access to adjust color temperature, saturation, etc, can apply it to a whole set at a time if you'd like, along with easy export options once you have edited your set. Definitely recommended with a DSLR.

Lightroom is a lot like photoshop but more geared towards photography and photo library management. Lightroom gives you quick access to adjust color temperature, saturation, etc, can apply it to a whole set at a time if you'd like, along with easy export options once you have edited your set. Definitely recommended with a DSLR.

I'll get it soon enough. Def need some practice and tank clean up before I take pictures. Pictures look a little dark still but color looks better. When I have a little more time....which will be sat ill play around a little with dif lenses and settings. Tore my sump down this weekend and cleaned it. never got all the wires back where they should be.

IMG_0060_zps7958jz3y.jpg

I def need a tripod. My hands move way to much for pics. Here is a pic of the "pink lemonade" I got a week ago. It was all pink from being in low light. Now its turned green. I'm going to give it a few weeks and then maybe move it or lower the light a little. Its about halfway up in the tank now.

IMG_0165_zpslh2cfxxl.jpg

Just ordered a tripod and extension tube set until I can afford a macro lense. I'm starting to like this photography stuff even if I don't have it all figured out yet.

Here are a few more shots....sorry can't help it. Still a little blurry but better. Should turn my pumps off next time.

Toxic Spill Lepto:

toxicspill_zpsjrsgjkot.jpg

Rastas:

rastas_zpsifw16ekj.jpg

Superman Digitata:

digitata_zpsdwjgnitn.jpg

Little better pic of the SL:

lemonade_zpsl2feop41.jpg

Favorite zoa/paly under actinics. Still a focus issue but its partly my eyesight lol. I cant adjust the diopter enough on the camera eyepiece to tell if its in focus or not. :wacko:

IMG_0200_zpslcjffrzs.jpg

Favorite zoa/paly under actinics. Still a focus issue but its partly my eyesight lol. I cant adjust the diopter enough on the camera eyepiece to tell if its in focus or not. :wacko:

IMG_0200_zpslcjffrzs.jpg

That's really pretty. What's it called?

No idea. lol

If you hold the shutter button halfway and turn the focus ring, it should show in the viewfinder which point it is focusing on.

Ya i have it set to focus on center point now but with these standard lenses and no spacers im thinking im too close.

IMG_0201_zpsgvd56u1x.jpg

Got a baby nem and of course it decided its favorite spot is between 2 rocks and I can't really see it :angry:

I saw something that looked like this called mindbender in the live sale. Mine was speckled before I blasted it with light. It's upas high as my sps lol.

Awesome job. Love that new light. Great collection of zoos and start of sps.

thanks!

I added candy apple reds, purple, and pinks. Phantasms, peach delight and another peach/orange one that I can't remember the name of.

Archived