Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jay's 32g Scuba Reef

Jay Wee

The hardest thing to do... Wire Management. Almost complete. Gotta wire a couple more things and I'm good.

15977130976_c90d11487f.jpg

Oh Snap! Purple yoga mat for my sump! haha I think I like it. :D

15815523558_02ebd42e77.jpg

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love the stand colors! I was going to paint mine just black but now I kinda wanna go with that gray/bright color on the inside. Awesome!
Do it! Or paint it black but do a nice bright orange inside!

I'm loving that stand
Yay! :)

Is there an English manual anywhere for these MAME overflow? I wish I paid attention during japanese class! Would have come in handily now. I'm clearly not doing it right but I can't squeeze the vinyl pipe in anymore. Is this too far apart? According to the manual it's suppose to 3mm. So this is too wide. But it won't budge. I've tried the hot water method. Ain't budging. Help!

16009173382_11de03ede5.jpg

16009173362_3bee0eb03e.jpg

nice wiring, I love being able to hide the mess inside the ducts lol.

Haha. Oddly I do enjoy ducting the wires. A sense of satisfaction when you see the mess being tucked away. But the moment I pull off the duct cover, poof! wires will explode in your face. :lol:

Great looking stuff my man. Can't wait to see this one.

Thank bud,

hows the scape going jay?

I changed my mind 5000 times. I'm gonna give myself a deadline or I'm never gonna finish this tank haha.

After a few days of scaping, I net out with this 10/90. Light(10%) on the left plane and heavy(90%) on the right plane. I'm trying to have more negative space. In the long run I might add some short tiny islands to give it more texture and some depth depending on the corals I'm gonna populate with.

15845824980_9eb165bc56_c.jpg

Why that tall pillar on the right? Scroll down.

16031134821_0bc6a90b77_c.jpg

Ha got myself a custom miniature figurine that sits on the very tip of the pillar. If my calculations are right, it will sit perfectly on the water surface. Mr Scuba Diver looking down at the "Ocean". And he has two turbo snails to chill with. :D

15847333317_1cb65f09ed_c.jpg

Any thoughts or pointers? I;m not sure if I am 100% satisfied but so far after so many different variations, this is the one I'm most comfortable with right now.

I'm pretty sure the manual says to shorten the vinyl with a knife. The boiling water to soften the pipe worked for me, they slid right on and I didn't have to cut.

Scape looks great BTW. :)

Haha that is the sickest scape ever, Mr. Scuba is a boss

Yes Mr Scuba is da Boss. Let's call him Mr. Scuba da Boss Man. Haha I like it. Thanks! Hope he doesn't go for a dive lol. I better epoxy his base to the rock.

I'm pretty sure the manual says to shorten the vinyl with a knife. The boiling water to soften the pipe worked for me, they slid right on and I didn't have to cut.Scape looks great BTW. :)

Thanks! I figured it out. I did hot water and then Vaseline and sloppy sliddy it went in. :) what type of vinyl tubing do u use? I think mine is too thick and I don't have the flexibility to bend it nicely in the sump.Btw Howzit my bra!? Haha I am A big fan of your shallow reef. And a bigger fan of Cape town. I went there for a shoot and didn't wanna come back. Stayed at the Cape Grace and it was splendid! Nothing beats paragliding off lions heade. I have to go back again and this time I really won't come back lol!

That's a pretty awesome scape. Can't remember, but I assume this tank will be SPS orientated. That scape just screams for sticks.

Thanks so much man. Yeah I do intend to eventually switch to more sticks. Your right about that pillar being a stick haven. I have to take it slow. I don't have that much experience with SPS. Am considering eventually going full zeovit. But dang! It's so expensive.

To sick jay

What did you use to glue the rocks?

Thanks bro! I used smaller pieces of rocks as I go higher to not weight it down so much. The rocks were mostly glued together with aquastick 2 part epoxy and then zip tied it and waited for a day for it to cure. Then touch it up again with more epoxy. But I did leave some zip ties in there so it's extra secured.

Archived