IM Minimax Reactor

ATO
Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155

Dosing
Jebao DP4

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This GIGANTUOS box arrived in my lobby. This thing is Godzilla! :o How on earth did the UPS even fit through the front door! I figured Marine Depot might have screwed up my order and sent me a bigger tank by mistake. DOPE!

Packing peanuts were filled to the brim.

15339937454_1947360fe7_z.jpg

Alright so Marine Depot didn't make a mistake and sent me a bigger tank :angry: . They just went overboard with packing. Which is awesome. Marine Depot has stepped up with their packing for delivery. The tank will probably be intact even if it fell off the UPS truck.

15962213275_25a453f8ca_z.jpg

So here it is. Mr. Aqua Passion Ultra 32 Gallon Rimless Low Iron Tank. I was banging on getting an ADA 60H or 60F but it's been out of stock for the longest time. Black Friday came around and Marine Depot was giving discount for the Mr Aqua rimless so I jumped on it. Mr. Aqua's been doing a great job with their tanks. Reviews online have been quite steller. But upon inspection of the tank I wasn't ultra impressed. Maybe my expectations were too high. But I wasn't expecting to see any green-ish tint at all. Maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me. What do you guys think? Is this the Low Iron version or did Marine Depot sent me the older Mr. Aqua Tanks that aren't low iron.

15961876625_5269d0a0a6_c.jpg

I thought maybe I was looking at it with indoor warm lighting that's why the green tint. So I put it by my window exposing it to natural light. It looked better. More of a light blue tint. Again, maybe my expectations were just too high. This might be the Low Iron version and I was just expecting it to be ultra clear. It's definitely no ADA. The silicon job was pretty clean. Not perfect but I'm trying not to fuss.

15936098746_bccb61bafa_c.jpg

15339602474_a5d1e89206_c.jpg

15342255283_61798567f3_c.jpg

That is what's considered "low iron" these days. If it weren't it would be GREEN GREEN haha. You just can't expect ADA level quality, I think the tank actually looks great considered how much it costs. The silicone job isn't that bad, maybe could use a little razor blading on the top. Frankly, once you have it filled up with an awesome scape you won't notice anything that's bothering you now.

Also, if you look at the larger ADA tanks, even they have a little bit of green tint to them because they have to use thicker glass. Only the smaller tanks (Mini series, 45P) really have no green tint at all because they use thin glass.

I'm subscribing (again) to one of your build threads!

That is what's considered "low iron" these days. If it weren't it would be GREEN GREEN haha. You just can't expect ADA level quality, I think the tank actually looks great considered how much it costs. The silicone job isn't that bad, maybe could use a little razor blading on the top. Frankly, once you have it filled up with an awesome scape you won't notice anything that's bothering you now.

Also, if you look at the larger ADA tanks, even they have a little bit of green tint to them because they have to use thicker glass. Only the smaller tanks (Mini series, 45P) really have no green tint at all because they use thin glass.

I'm subscribing (again) to one of your build threads!

Thanks bro. Totally agree with you. once i set it up with my crazy scape idea and transfer all my corals I'll probably not notice these little imperfection.

Your Pico is looking awesome. I remember you dosing the KZ Nano pack (4 bottles). How you liking it so far?

This is what I call a sump. Custom designed and built by my man Jeff aka Custom King. Super happy with what he's done. I gave him such a limited dimension and he delivered everything I asked for and more.

15339601984_5b320c5066_c.jpg

15342254183_dcf4e686fa_c.jpg

15961875795_4b6aba8f04_c.jpg

I've heard pretty good reviews about this skimmer. For under $100 this thing is pretty damn well-built. I hope this skimmer isn't an overkill for my 32g Nano.

15961876365_2ffa666df3_c.jpg

15774601560_611cdb1517.jpg

15775864189_0306d5b5d0.jpg

15774601850_636034eb13.jpg

15774601730_ef1363391e.jpg

Thanks bro. Totally agree with you. once i set it up with my crazy scape idea and transfer all my corals I'll probably not notice these little imperfection.

Your Pico is looking awesome. I remember you dosing the KZ Nano pack (4 bottles). How you liking it so far?

Some of the stuff is good, some I don't know if it works or not. I currently am dosing Coral Vitalizer and Pohl's Xtra and it's going really great. I've actually bought more Coral Vitalizer and Pohl's Xtra because the stuff in the Nano Power Pack only lasts a few days to a month depending on how much you're supposed to dose. I do 1 drop/day of CV and 10 drops/day of PX.

Some of the stuff is good, some I don't know if it works or not. I currently am dosing Coral Vitalizer and Pohl's Xtra and it's going really great. I've actually bought more Coral Vitalizer and Pohl's Xtra because the stuff in the Nano Power Pack only lasts a few days to a month depending on how much you're supposed to dose. I do 1 drop/day of CV and 10 drops/day of PX.

I might give the Nano pack a shot just to see if it makes any difference. I'm really afraid of stepping into the KZ world of magic blue bottles. Its so expensive!!!

I might give the Nano pack a shot just to see if it makes any difference. I'm really afraid of stepping into the KZ world of magic blue bottles. Its so expensive!!!

I can say in my experience that Coral Vitalizer improves growth and polyp extension while Pohl's Xtra really does improve color as long as your nutrients are already low. If you have detectible nitrates or phosphates then you aren't going to see a difference with Pohl's Xtra. Frankly, since you have a sump you could go full Zeovit ;) .

I can say in my experience that Coral Vitalizer improves growth and polyp extension while Pohl's Xtra really does improve color as long as your nutrients are already low. If you have detectible nitrates or phosphates then you aren't going to see a difference with Pohl's Xtra. Frankly, since you have a sump you could go full Zeovit ;) .

Ha or go broke! Haha We'll see man. Once I stock up on my SPS collection I'll probably go Full Zeovit.

I've heard pretty good reviews about this skimmer. For under $100 this thing is pretty damn well-built. I hope this skimmer isn't an overkill for my 32g Nano.

It's a great skimmer, especially for the price. It does a fantastic job of pulling gunk. Don't worry about the skimmer being an overkill (I run mine on a Mr Aqua 11.8).

Beware of the microbubbles though; it tends to spit a good amount of them out.

I waited until this morning to comment on the color of your glass because I wanted to see my tanks in the daylight. The edge color on your tank is almost identical to both of my low iron tanks.

It's a great skimmer, especially for the price. It does a fantastic job of pulling gunk. Don't worry about the skimmer being an overkill (I run mine on a Mr Aqua 11.8).

Beware of the microbubbles though; it tends to spit a good amount of them out.

Thanks for the warning. How did u resolve the micro bubble issue?

I just read through the your build. Great stuff. Really like how clean it looks. So are you still using your Tunze Osmolator ATO? When I had it in my 70 gallon it flooded my 30g sump to the brim. Thank god my ATO reservoir was a small 2.5 gallon container. If I had used a bigger container I would have walked into a real flood.

I waited until this morning to comment on the color of your glass because I wanted to see my tanks in the daylight. The edge color on your tank is almost identical to both of my low iron tanks.

Yo thanks for looking out buddy. Appreciate it. Good to know I got 2 confirmations it's low iron. I'm not gonna fuss about it anymore. Can't wait to get this thing going. Just waiting on my stand to finish drying and my MAME design overflow to arrive.

I really like your Pico tank by the way. Chris does an immaculate job with the silicon. I was looking at ADA and a pico but with all these black fri sale that just happened I was going all quick fingers click click shopping cart add add and BOOM ended up with a tank and whole lota stuff from marine depot. Haha very dangerous. U know how it is.

Chris does an immaculate job with the silicon. I was looking at ADA and a pico but with all these black fri sale that just happened I was going all quick fingers click click shopping cart add add and BOOM ended up with a tank and whole lota stuff from marine depot. Haha very dangerous. U know how it is.

The silicone on the PicO tanks is amazing - too bad one of my hermit crabs picked a lot of it out of one corner and now all of his handy work was undone :furious: .

Thanks for the warning. How did u resolve the micro bubble issue?

I just read through the your build. Great stuff. Really like how clean it looks. So are you still using your Tunze Osmolator ATO? When I had it in my 70 gallon it flooded my 30g sump to the brim. Thank god my ATO reservoir was a small 2.5 gallon container. If I had used a bigger container I would have walked into a real flood.

I'm still using my Tunze ATO. I don't have a very large ATO reservoir and have plenty of volume left in my sump in case it does overflow.

The microbubble hasn't gone away for me. I'm just fortunate that my bubble trap resolves the bubbles that the skimmer spits out so none of it actually makes it into my display.

this is going to be sick jay!

Thanks dude. Gonna scape tomorrow and once the overflow arrives I can get this baby rockin'. Now I'm contemplating between Bare Bottom or 1" sand.

Bare Bottom!

great start!

-Dave

Haha... Hey Dave! I'm still eyeing on getting a Nano Box duo! Soon though... soon. I just need to find a buyer for my Kessil. A buyer who doesn't give me a low ball offer!

I do wanna go bare bottom but I'm really tired of siphoning all the detritus on a daily basis. A thin sand bed helps cover all that. And scraping the coraline is just too much work. But I do adore the look of a BB! I also have a huge welso thats begging for some sand.

Archived