Cultivated Reef

ML's 40 Fusion! Upgrade Enroute

ml86743

Spoon Fed EM1

i'm loving your IM 40F and your setup! i've been thinking of getting one lately too.

what skimmer are you running on it now cause i was thinking when i order the tank, i wanted to go big with a hob skimmer as well, but not too sure how well it would fit in the back...

once again, awesome tank and setup! will be following!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm loving your IM 40F and your setup! i've been thinking of getting one lately too.

what skimmer are you running on it now cause i was thinking when i order the tank, i wanted to go big with a hob skimmer as well, but not too sure how well it would fit in the back...

once again, awesome tank and setup! will be following!

Thanks! I love the fusion..def a great pick-up. Im currently running the Reef Octopus Classic 90 and it fits in the back pretty well! It takes up two chambers but that really doesn't bother me. There is a picture on the 2nd page of the back of the tank! Thanks so much for following along!

119sc2w.jpg

Quick S5 macro! Thinking about picking up a DSLR while they're on sale at Best Buy. Whaydyall think?

Also, being that I love music just as much as my tank:) Im gonna add a "Song of The Day" to my daily tank updates.

Todays song: Dead Flowers-The Rolling Stones

Happy Easter/WC Day! Last minute mixing before we head to family dinner!

w7bxo2.jpg

Couldn't get the image to flip...You get the point :)

Thanks! I dig the 29! How's everything coming along?

Good so far! Siphoned up some cyano yesterday. But it will be better once I capture the bane of my existence - the scary white fuzzy crab with red eyes!!!

Your red goni is AWESOME.

brs has some good RO units. That's where I got mine !

Did you get those jugs locally and how big are they? I am still a renter, so having a smaller setup like that would be great.

Good so far! Siphoned up some cyano yesterday. But it will be better once I capture the bane of my existence - the scary white fuzzy crab with red eyes!!!

Your red goni is AWESOME.

Thanks! Oh jeez that crab sounds like the devil!

Did you get those jugs locally and how big are they? I am still a renter, so having a smaller setup like that would be great.

My family rents too! They're called waterbricks nd they rock! Very convinient and portable and they stack very nicely. Waterbrick.org is the site I think.

Thanks! Oh jeez that crab sounds like the devil!

My family rents too! They're called waterbricks nd they rock! Very convinient and portable and they stack very nicely. Waterbrick.org is the site I think.

I'm convinced that crab is the devil. And wow, good info on the water bricks. Very cool.

I'm convinced that crab is the devil. And wow, good info on the water bricks. Very cool.

Honestly one of the better investments Ive made in the hobby.

Anyone have any idea why my Lobo is starting to recede? Its right in the front:( He stills puffs up and eats well! Any ideas?

95rlsz.jpg

Spoon Fed EM1

how's the protein skimmer working for you?

i'm debating whether to go with the same one as you or possibly run a larger reef octopus or aquamaxx skimmer

as far as your lobo goes, i definitely won't be any help in that department since i'm fairly new to the coral world lol

how's the protein skimmer working for you?

i'm debating whether to go with the same one as you or possibly run a larger reef octopus or aquamaxx skimmer

as far as your lobo goes, i definitely won't be any help in that department since i'm fairly new to the coral world lol

The skimmer rocks! Pulls all sorts of junk out of the water.

Spoon Fed EM1

does lps pellets work? i feel like i give my lps pellets and they don't even bother with it at all... haha

does lps pellets work? i feel like i give my lps pellets and they don't even bother with it at all... haha

Im not sure! I haven't even tried them yet. I think Cherry Corals uses this stuff with their LPS. I hope they like it! Im more excited about the roids and acropower. Ive been reading nothing but positive reviews from both. I have a feeling my goni is gonna love the polyp lab stuff.

How are you feeding the Reef-Roids? I watched a video and I am impressed but they said "one tea spoon for every 100 gallons"... um. I am NO where near that.

How are you feeding the Reef-Roids? I watched a video and I am impressed but they said "one tea spoon for every 100 gallons"... um. I am NO where near that.

I took a small amount and mixed it up in some tank water. I used a pipette to target feed the coral.

Archived