Cultivated Reef

ML's 40 Fusion! Upgrade Enroute

ml86743

Hehehe can't wait for you to receive them! And super cool to see that Dave's light will be growing them.

Its gonna be EPIC!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got a box of Legendaries in! SO Photo BOMB. Heres a few shots, Ill put up more when things start to open

Here are the Legendary Blue Dream Acans Puffing up:)

2dkjq0z.jpg

Legendary Sunny D!

zityyb.jpg

Legendary 4 LIFE yo, more photos when things open up:)

2hf4zsz.jpg

Couple more shots

HUGEEEE ELEGANCE

qysfvb.jpg

My FAVVVVVV:)

10f9m50.jpg

Update: I have my alk stable! I may invest in one of those Neptune systems in the near future plus a dosing pump. I also want to invest in a skimmer that actually hangs on the back...lol Had to split up the aquacultured acro colony..they starting getting aggressive towards one another...boo the purple acro started to lose its color:(

Legendary Corals

Things are looking great! Glad everything came in well. The Sunny D looks a little funky though, is that really it?

Love your tank and equipment! ATI retro and fusion 40G! Nice!

Thanks! That means a lot!

Things are looking great! Glad everything came in well. The Sunny D looks a little funky though, is that really it?

I would assume so. It was labeled "sunny d" lol :)

New pickup! Nice blue ric. Had to pick it up.

15p0o5t.jpg

Also, just ordered the Reef Octopus BH 90. Tired of looking at the damn skimmer on the side of the tank..Also ordered another Tunze nano ato for an IM 10 gallon Im starting up!.

Love it. I've got the same tank , pretty similar setup too. I run the tunze 9004 in one of the back chambers instead of a media basket, if you're looking for a skimmer that won't be visible!

Love it. I've got the same tank , pretty similar setup too. I run the tunze 9004 in one of the back chambers instead of a media basket, if you're looking for a skimmer that won't be visible!

Awesome! Do you have any pictures of your setup! Id love to see it! As far as the skimmer goes..Im a huge fan of RO and their products and the classic 100 I have now does a great job...Just wont fit in the back chambers and it takes up a bunch of room in the display. I had a good night at the restaurant last night so I splurged and picked up the BH model which has an external pump. Problem solved. I appreciate the input, how does that Tunze work for you though? Ive heard mixed reviews.

Legendary Corals

We're a huge fan of RO as well. Used one on one of our frag tank set ups and we ordered another one for our second one. I use an eshopps HOB for my personal display and I love it too. Made skimmate on day 1!

Awesome! Do you have any pictures of your setup! Id love to see it! As far as the skimmer goes..Im a huge fan of RO and their products and the classic 100 I have now does a great job...Just wont fit in the back chambers and it takes up a bunch of room in the display. I had a good night at the restaurant last night so I splurged and picked up the BH model which has an external pump. Problem solved. I appreciate the input, how does that Tunze work for you though? Ive heard mixed reviews.

As for the skimmer, I'd like to say it's doing any amazing job, based on what I see it pulling out, but it is my first skimmer so I really have nothing to compare it to. Here's some pics! I've got chemipure elite, purigen, and filterfloss in one chamber and the skimmer in the other. Other than that, I've just got the MP10 and the Hydra 26 for lighting! Can't seem to get the colours quite right though in the photos

IMG_5242.jpg

IMG_5246.jpg

IMG_5238.jpg

We're a huge fan of RO as well. Used one on one of our frag tank set ups and we ordered another one for our second one. I use an eshopps HOB for my personal display and I love it too. Made skimmate on day 1!

Ive heard nothing but good things about eshopps. May have to give them a try one day.

As for the skimmer, I'd like to say it's doing any amazing job, based on what I see it pulling out, but it is my first skimmer so I really have nothing to compare it to. Here's some pics! I've got chemipure elite, purigen, and filterfloss in one chamber and the skimmer in the other. Other than that, I've just got the MP10 and the Hydra 26 for lighting! Can't seem to get the colours quite right though in the photos

IMG_5242.jpg

IMG_5246.jpg

IMG_5238.jpg

That is amazing! I love it! I love the negative space effect minimal rockwork has with a tank. Your setup is pretty much the same as mine..I run the same stuff...the only difference is the skimmer and light. IM makes awesome tanks though. Build quality for an AIO is immaculate. I ordered the Fusion 10 last week and I cant wait to start her up. I like youtscape so much I may use a scaled down version in the 10!

Thank you! I'm a big fan of the minimalist look, only trouble is finding space for more corals. I'll be following along your builds! Do you have a stock list for your fish planned out for the 40?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you! I'm a big fan of the minimalist look, only trouble is finding space for more corals. I'll be following along your builds! Do you have a stock list for your fish planned out for the 40?

I was winging that, but I think Ive reached my fish limit. I have a pair of clowns(Wyoming White nd Reg Ocellarius), a Mandarin, Benggai Cardinal, and Yellow Watchman Goby paired with a pistol.

UPDATE:

Its been awhile since I have been able to post...Been working a ton. The new skimmer came in and fits right on the back! No more ugly hang on side version...Ive added a couple things but I think Im almost at the point where im just gonna sit back and let the tank do its thing! Running out of room...GROW OUT TIME BABY.

Montipora Setosa.(My new FAV)

2pyswb7.jpg

Quick Cell FTS

opy4o8.jpg

In other news I was accepted at Jacksonville U and University Of Northern Florida! Outta Jr college and down south !

Your tank makes the Fusion 40 look even more tempting to go with!

Thanks! I appreciate that. Its really an awesome tank. I love everything about it!

Quick FTS

2vkyy34.jpg

PHOTOOOOOOSSSSS

Ric Garden

htw9cm.jpg

Love Birds:) Steph Curry nd Gwen

adp638.jpg

Stylooo

2wd4t4x.jpg

By far my favorite thing about keeping reef tanks...The pistol/goby pair. Just got these guys in from Vivid Aquariums. Ill keep it short and sweet...Order from those guys. This is my third time and every single order come in 100%healthy and in great shape. Thanks again.

156d16d.jpg

ziopdx.jpg

Found a gorgeous ORA Borealis acro today at Sea Level Aquariums ..Ill put some pictures up tmr. Really gorgeous piece and I bet it is gonna look 10x better under Dave's retro!

reefernanoman

HELFRICHI

t02mhy.jpg

FTS

6jprlu.jpg

ActinRIC

newdag.jpg

Looking really good! I love your progress and all those nice additions.

Dave at Vivid Aquariums is an awesome guy! I used to live just like 10 miles from his LFS and I loved that place!

Beautiful tank! How about a shot of how you have your compartments configured.

Here's a quick shot! Sorry I cant go too in depth but I have work soon..Its a little crowded. I had to remove the media basket to fit the inlet/outlet pipes on the skimmer but that really wasn't a big deal to me. Center chamber is where the float switch sits...far right is the stock media basket and heater.

jahz6t.jpg

Tanks looking really good!

Thanks a lot! Its getting there...Really excited for the grow out.

Looking really good! I love your progress and all those nice additions.

Dave at Vivid Aquariums is an awesome guy! I used to live just like 10 miles from his LFS and I loved that place!

Thank you very much! Vivid Aquariums is one of my favorite places to order stuff from. Im extremely jealous that you got to actually see his store...I would love to check that out in person!

Here's a few photos!

New ORA Acro:)

2qa1oxj.jpg

Can never get a great picture of this monti...But you can kinda see the growth onto the main rock! Started with a quarter of an inch frag!

whfwar.jpg

Here is one of the two anemone shrimp I picked up! The other has more intense blue coloration and decided to settle down in my elegance! Ill get a picture of him later.

These guys are super cool too!

1zgb42x.jpg

Thanks! I appreciate that. Its really an awesome tank. I love everything about it!

Quick FTS

2vkyy34.jpg

Beautiful! Hey, what's the bright pink zoa colony on the top right called? I think they're zoas anyway! I LOOOOOVVVVEEE the color.

Beautiful! Hey, what's the bright pink zoa colony on the top right called? I think they're zoas anyway! I LOOOOOVVVVEEE the color.

Thanks! That is actually a Red Goniopora. Very cool coral...Ive had some decent success with that guy too. I feed him 3-5 times a week with the "juice" from the the mixture I feed my fish! Some of the Goni's can be tricky but this guy has been smooth sailin'. I

Archived