Cultivated Reef

I'm looking for cool invert Suggestions

BluCrab

Here's what I'm wanting to do... I'm down to one fish in the tank and one blood red shrimp, troch snails,fighting cronch, bumble bee snails and blue leg hermits. Plus one big bristle worm.

I'd like to stock it with plenty of shrimp and other cool inverts ,since I have another mix reef tank (48 gllon) with plenty of fish.

I just wanted some cool suggestions that might co-exist with everything in my Bio Cube.

So I have a 29 gallon bio cube that's been set up 2 years ago this month. Currently it's topless with a kessil 150AW Ocean Blue, I've lost a few fish over the year do to no screen .

Current stock of corals are as follows...

plenty of mix zoas

Red blastos

variety of mushrooms

Purple Styro

I would like a active ,lively display.

When I get home I'll post an updated FTS

Hermits seems to fit your needs. I use to have a blue knuckle and a Halloween hermit. They were a lot of fun to watch. Scarletts are nice too but a little lazier.

Some other options that don't fit all your criteria but are neat:

Sexy shrimp

Harlequin shrimp

Serpent starfish

Pompom crabs

porcelain crabs

Urchins

I was thinking of doing like 3-5 sexy shrimp to start off with ,maybe two cleaner shrimp.

I totally forgot about the Urchins, I like exotic stuff and that's something you don't see in many Marine tanks.

I have one Harlequin shrimp in my other tank but he doesn't come out much. Are they shy or just night stalkers?

thanks for y'alls input,

LOL I don't think a horseshoe crab would physically fit in a BC 29. What are they, Like a foot across?

I saw some at the Aquatic Experience convention last month. They were quite small =P. Of course I am only kidding with actually keeping one but I have read people do it.

Picture of me holding one:

15752668025_158d33c77c_n.jpg

Available at KPA:

http://sealifeinc.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=98

Cool!

I figured you were kidding :P I have seen horseshoe crabs washed up on the shore. They were huge, I can't imagine one keeping one, much less in a reef.

• 2 months later...

Archived