Coral Vue Hydros

Sticks and Stones -Spec V

charliethezero

charliethezero

I just picked up a brand new spec v for 25 dollars :) It's setup for the leak test now and hopefully she can be salty tomorrow.

My plan is for a nice open scape and that's as far as I got. I don't know if I'll transfer rock and corals from my 55 or start completely fresh.

charliethezero

Leak test failed. Luckily it's just a tiny puddle on the edge of the display and not near the chambers. Will be resiliconing it tomorrow and another leak test this weekend.

Do you think the leak has anything to do with why someone was selling a brand new Spec V for 25.00?

I would send it back because one sloppy area may indicate poor construction or inspection of this tank.

Where did you have the water level and was the pumps running? Mine sometimes appears to be leaking but it is not, water pushes up behind the black corner pieces if the water level is too high and runs down the aluminum corner pieces creating a puddle at the bottom of the tank. I had a freak out moment until I realized it was just overfilled.

Just a thought...

charliethezero

That maybe it. I had the pumps running and like a high water level. I will fill it less tonight and see, I didn't get a chance to silicone it yet.

Like I said just a thought maybe it will save you some work. Let us know the results! If you do re silicone it plug the hole on the bottom of the false wall it will help your filtration through the overflow.

• 1 month later...
charliethezero

So I finally got time to setup the tank. No more puddles, I have the water an inch from the rim. I did end up buying all new live rock. The plan is to have it dominated by SPS with one unusual fish (suggestions appreciated).

post-85635-0-05334400-1421956116_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived