Cultivated Reef

ebay led

Deny

jedimasterben

For a 24" tank there is no PAR bulb that will cover it, you'll need a minimum of two. I'd highly recommend to stay away from eBay.

Im not sure I would "stay away from ebay" but I would research the brand on youtube to see what people think. Ebay is simply a host for people to distribute a product and not a manufacturer of a product.

Im not sure I would "stay away from ebay" but I would research the brand on youtube to see what people think. Ebay is simply a host for people to distribute a product and not a manufacturer of a product.

I could not find any info on youtube.. the seller guarantee that is enough for softies.. I just need some advise.

For a 24" tank there is no PAR bulb that will cover it, you'll need a minimum of two. I'd highly recommend to stay away from eBay.

so with my budget i cannot find anything that will grow softies?

I initially resorted to ebay to buy my chinese leds(multichip leds in my case) because of a very tight budget and very limited lighting options here in my country. I tough I had enough light since all I wanted was to grow softies, BUT I was wrong. Coral won't thrive under it and soon you will WANT to upgrade. While it may not be the case for all chinese LEDS, make sure you research abit on the brand, see if anyone is using them and has any success.

I initially resorted to ebay to buy my chinese leds(multichip leds in my case) because of a very tight budget and very limited lighting options here in my country. I tough I had enough light since all I wanted was to grow softies, BUT I was wrong. Coral won't thrive under it and soon you will WANT to upgrade. While it may not be the case for all chinese LEDS, make sure you research abit on the brand, see if anyone is using them and has any success.

Thanks man, Im going to research a little bit more before I buy it

With a 24" tank, I'd go with T5HO over LEDs...

any recommendation? thanks

These are just little SMD leds. They're about .1W output each. So they'll look bright, but they won't have anywhere near the output you need to grow anything. You need something with 1W chips at a minimum. You can get Chinese knock offs of the evergrow IT systems fairly cheaply on ebay, they have 3W chips, unlike evergrow they're not branded chips like epistar or bridgelux, just cheap Chinese OEM stock. But I know people having great success with these units and reliability seems good.

These are just little SMD leds. They're about .1W output each. So they'll look bright, but they won't have anywhere near the output you need to grow anything. You need something with 1W chips at a minimum. You can get Chinese knock offs of the evergrow IT systems fairly cheaply on ebay, they have 3W chips, unlike evergrow they're not branded chips like epistar or bridgelux, just cheap Chinese OEM stock. But I know people having great success with these units and reliability seems good.

Thanks for the information! I appreciate that. would you send me the link of the IT systems?

For softies, a dual lamp would work well.

Helios High Output Dual Aquarium Light Fixture with Bulbs, 2 by 24-Watt https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AJE7C94/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_s93Gub1PMWP2T

thanks a lot

http://www.ebay.com/itm/165W-Dimmable-LED-Aquarium-Grow-Light-Full-Spectrum-FishTank-Reef-Coral-LPS-SPS-/190999433320?pt=US_Hydroponics&hash=item2c78741068

I'm UK based so I followed your link for the American ebay.com. They're still quite expensive if your on a $30-$40 budget. You might be able to shop about and find one a little cheaper, but these are all but identical to the evergrow IT range, but about a third of the price. The listing states the led's are good for 30000 hours, most led's are rated for 50000 hours so they're obviously covering their bases with regard to life span there, but they're 3 watt diodes with lenses which will also help maximise the useable light. You'll be able to change the lenses to wider or narrower ones if you want by disassembling the unit and buying alternative lenses.

It's pretty basic 2 channels and no fade for sunrise sunset. But I have a friend using 2 over his tank, cost him £90 shipped each and he's having great growth from all his coral including sps.

Another guy I know had an over tank refugum flood filling the light with salt water and tripping out the power crashing his tank, he drained the water out of the light unit, washed it through under the tap to get the salt out, dried it off for 2 days on a radiator and the damn things working fine like nothing happened. So they're pretty well built and sealed even though they're cheap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/165W-Dimmable-LED-Aquarium-Grow-Light-Full-Spectrum-FishTank-Reef-Coral-LPS-SPS-/190999433320?pt=US_Hydroponics&hash=item2c78741068

I'm UK based so I followed your link for the American ebay.com. They're still quite expensive if your on a $30-$40 budget. You might be able to shop about and find one a little cheaper, but these are all but identical to the evergrow IT range, but about a third of the price. The listing states the led's are good for 30000 hours, most led's are rated for 50000 hours so they're obviously covering their bases with regard to life span there, but they're 3 watt diodes with lenses which will also help maximise the useable light. You'll be able to change the lenses to wider or narrower ones if you want by disassembling the unit and buying alternative lenses.

It's pretty basic 2 channels and no fade for sunrise sunset. But I have a friend using 2 over his tank, cost him £90 shipped each and he's having great growth from all his coral including sps.

Another guy I know had an over tank refugum flood filling the light with salt water and tripping out the power crashing his tank, he drained the water out of the light unit, washed it through under the tap to get the salt out, dried it off for 2 days on a radiator and the damn things working fine like nothing happened. So they're pretty well built and sealed even though they're cheap.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate that.

Archived