Coral Vue Hydros

Best 20-30ish Gallon Cube? Reef Tank

hannman

Hello Everyone,

I'm just coming back to this hobby after a few years off. I used to have a 90g with 30g sump.

I want to get something that is more manageable and all in one. So I would like your feedback on which cube type of tank you prefer and why?

I'm looking to only have maybe 2-3 fish and mostly a variety of coral. I plan on keeping the tank on the low end to help ease maintenance.

Also is there any upgrades or extra parts I must get? I know LEDs are amazing but I think they might be out of my price range... at least until after xmas :)

My initial investment is about 400$.

Deleted User 8

I got one of these http://www.marinedepot.com/Current_USA_Solana_34_Gallon_SuperBrite_Frameless_Aquarium_Cube_Aquariums-Current_USA-CU07057-FIAQRC-vi.html

Solana 34g cube tank only and made my own AIO out of it. If you are handy, that is what I would to. That way you can match the dimentions of the back chamber to the equipment you want. I also made my own stand which is better than any stand you can buy--cheaper too. But then for $400 all you will have is an empty tank on a stand. Not going to get a 30g set up for $400 unless you hit up Craiglist or something. Double that to $800...

Buzz

When I set up my 10G (now a 20 long), I spent $250. I've spent many times that now replacing what I initially got.

I would save and buy everything brand new and be sure it's exactly what you want. Don't buy things twice, coming from someone who did.

There's a Elos Mini in Hardware for sale.

Awesome custom sump with it too.

He has a Radion for cheap too.

The Solana glass is too thin at 5mm, too thin for me.

Archived