Top Shelf Aquatics

3g Office Build

drewgrano

This is such a slick little tank,I digs it. I'd say for flow,maybe get a AC50 maybe. And with it being a bare bottom,it should kick everything up to keep the bottom clean.

I have some left over led parts,I could throw you together a small light. For like $10-$15. All you'd need is probably a Rapid Nano Driver with a pot ($30) or 2 of their moonlight drivers ($20 for 2) to run the blues and whites seperately. I've got a 2."x2.5" Heatsink with 2 Royal blues,1 hyper Violet and 2 warm whites mounted on it with a small fan on top.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have some left over led parts,I could throw you together a small light. For like $10-$15. All you'd need is probably a Rapid Nano Driver with a pot ($30) or 2 of their moonlight drivers ($20 for 2) to run the blues and whites seperately. I've got a 2."x2.5" Heatsink with 2 Royal blues,1 hyper Violet and 2 warm whites mounted on it with a small fan on top.

Thanks! i may have to hit you up about this light later. I want to run my current bulb for a little while though, for no other reason than I paid $65 for it. lol

Sounds good man,just let me know. I may let my light that's over my 2 gallon go here soon. It's a beast of a light too. I don't blame you,I'd use it for awhile myself if I was you lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Where did you get the gravity ATO it would be perfect for my 3.7G pico I'm starting

+1

Love how sleek and unassuming it is. Looks like a modded rabbit water unit? Curious how you're regulating flow.

Nice little setup! i just set up a pico 3g in my office as well and im going to try to install a par38 led bulb, but my question to you sir, is where did u get that gooseneck or light socket fixture? trying to find a good one. thanks!

Nice little setup! i just set up a pico 3g in my office as well and im going to try to install a par38 led bulb, but my question to you sir, is where did u get that gooseneck or light socket fixture? trying to find a good one. thanks!

CoralCompulsion,RapidLED and I believe Reef Radiance sell them. Or IKEA and Target sell nice "desk" lamps,Walmart may have some as well.

Thanks. I'll check them out this weekend. Happy New Year!!

CoralCompulsion,RapidLED and I believe Reef Radiance sell them. Or IKEA and Target sell nice "desk" lamps,Walmart may have some as well.

Hey guys, sorry for the slow response. The ATO is just a 32oz rabbit water bottle from Petco. The stand for it I just make out of some wood scraps laying around the garage. The socket I bought from Lowes and wired it to a extension cord then wrapped it in black electrical tape. Super low budget on this tank, but so far everything is working out well.

Now for some bad news.... I was out of town for a couple of weeks and left the tank in the hands of my coworkers. All they had to do was refill the water bottle ATO every few days. Well apparently they didn't scew the cap on tight enough once so it all leaked into the tank, overflowing it. Then they forgot about it for about a week apparently so the water level went below the torch I had at the top which killed it. Then apparently they dropped the water bottle into the tank on top of the acan killing that... Everything else looks a little stressed probably from the salinity swings and the lack of a water change for two weeks, but is at least alive. Lesson learned I guess... I will not be counting on my coworkers next time I'm out of town.

I got a Canon T5 from my parents for Christmas, so as soon as everything calms down I'll have some good pics to post.

thegoldenboymike

Hey guys, sorry for the slow response. The ATO is just a 32oz rabbit water bottle from Petco. The stand for it I just make out of some wood scraps laying around the garage. The socket I bought from Lowes and wired it to a extension cord then wrapped it in black electrical tape. Super low budget on this tank, but so far everything is working out well. Now for some bad news.... I was out of town for a couple of weeks and left the tank in the hands of my coworkers. All they had to do was refill the water bottle ATO every few days. Well apparently they didn't scew the cap on tight enough once so it all leaked into the tank, overflowing it. Then they forgot about it for about a week apparently so the water level went below the torch I had at the top which killed it. Then apparently they dropped the water bottle into the tank on top of the acan killing that... Everything else looks a little stressed probably from the salinity swings and the lack of a water change for two weeks, but is at least alive. Lesson learned I guess... I will not be counting on my coworkers next time I'm out of town. I got a Canon T5 from my parents for Christmas, so as soon as everything calms down I'll have some good pics to post.

aww man sorry about the torch and acans that really sucks..hopefully everything else is doing fine. And what was the socket and extension cord for? is the ato powered?

IMG_20150113_133532774_HDR.jpg

Picked up this candy cane/trumpet today for $20. Pretty happy with it. I keep forgetting to bring my camera to work so I can get some more accurate pics... maybe tomorrow.

IMG_20150113_133532774_HDR.jpg

Picked up this candy cane/trumpet today for $20. Pretty happy with it. I keep forgetting to bring my camera to work so I can get some more accurate pics... maybe tomorrow.

$20 for that? F'n A!! :naughtydance:

Thanks guys! Luckily everything seems to be perfectly fine after the problems while I was out of town. One head on the Acan is still struggling a bit but I think it will be fine. One of the three heads on the torch is gone and one is half gone, but one is still in good shape. My diy ATO was broken while I was out of town so I decided to bring my Smart ATO from home. I gotta think of something cool to stick in the stand for the gravity ato...

Uhoh... my torch and hammer got in a fight today. Torch is definitely winning. I'll probably bring the torch home after work today. That will save a lot of real-estate up top anyways.

• 1 month later...

Long time, no post. The tank is doing great. I've had to move things around a bit and I removed the torch and hammer. They had some crazy long sweeper's that were coming out almost daily. I'll have more detailed pictures up soon!

Capture.JPG

• 1 month later...

Archived