Top Shelf Aquatics

What to buy for new Sony a5000 camera?

ps2cho

My girlfriend bought me the Sony a5000 as my graduation gift...i've been wanting it forever now!

Its a 20.1mp APS-C mirrorless camera /w interchangeable lens)

I'm new to photography....I have the the stock 16-50mm lens.

What accessories should I purchase that will help me with reef photography?

I can't afford a lens right now, but in the future I will, so in the mean time, are there any other reasonably inexpensive accessories that will help me?

Christopher Marks

You should buy an E-Mount macro extension tube set with electronic contacts, they're only around $30 or so on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=sony+nex+macro+tube&_sacat=0

It changes the minimum focusing distance of any lens mounted to it, so you can have macro focusing even with your stock 16-55mm lens. The electronic contacts in the extension tube allow the auto focusing system to still work too.

You should buy an E-Mount macro extension tube set with electronic contacts, they're only around $30 or so on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=sony+nex+macro+tube&_sacat=0

It changes the minimum focusing distance of any lens mounted to it, so you can have macro focusing even with your stock 16-55mm lens. The electronic contacts in the extension tube allow the auto focusing system to still work too.

Whats the difference in quality between the $19 ones to $50...for an unskilled photography such as myself, will it make the slightest hint of difference?

By the way I love this camera...the shots are outstanding. Then again I am unskilled...but my experience is this and the Nikon D5000. At least out of the box shooting is great. Maybe with fine tuning the D5000 would have a better shot. But hey I'm all good for no hassle great photos!

Christopher Marks

I would try the cheaper ones myself. Just make sure they include the gold contacts so your AF still works. The nicer adapters probably have a more secure and precise lens connection.

Archived