Innovative Marine Aquariums

AIO false wall question

martinicu

Hello everyone. I'm glad to be here. I have a question that I have searched and couldn't find an answer to. Is there a ratio of volume behind the false wall in relation to total tank volume. As an example tank is 12 gallons total ,how much should circulate behind the false wall/filter area?

Thanks

Newbie here but I think it's more a matter of what you want to put back there. If you want to add a skimmer, reactor, whatever, you need to make sure you've got the depth to accommodate it.

Newbie here but I think it's more a matter of what you want to put back there. If you want to add a skimmer, reactor, whatever, you need to make sure you've got the depth to accommodate it.

+1. Seanoli pretty much nailed it.

Like others said. It all depends on what kind of filtration your setup will utilize. If you are to use skimmer, reactor or two + usual chemical filtration media and floss then 1/4of total volume should suffice. If you plan on more gadgetry (probes), ato, backup heater (or just for more freedom equipment wise) or fuge of some sort, 1/3 of total volume should be enough.

Archived