Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Huskys Bigger Nano (WARNING: Picture Heavy)

CosmicCanine

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i grabbed a few more corals today, (zoas and a mushie) And i was worried cuz the guys tank is quite shit, but his corals are awesome. so i used fresh water and hydrgen peroxide and dipped... THANK JESUS I DID!!!!! Flatworms out the ass, an egg sack, brisstle worms, and a few aterinas... ALL GONE!!!! Thanks god.... that wouldve been the end of my tank lmfao!

I need to start dipping my corals...

Yes you do!.... Ive never dipped. but jesus christ im glad i did.... im now going to buy Coral RX and dip EVERYTHING that goes in the tank from here on out... I no longer trust ANYONE...

Me at the LFS: "Hmmmm i think i should buy those cuz i dont have them and theyre only 5$ for 9 polyps."

Gets home "Let me look these up, so theyre red with green mouth palythoas,"

TidalGardens "Red People Eaters 25$ for 3 heads."

Me: WOOOOO!!! SCOREEEEEEEEEEEE!

Also Look at that F****** Polyp extension on that God**** Monti. my GOWD!

Mini update, Tank is doing WONDERFUL! Sorry for no update. Really working on stocking the tank before i update it....

Oh also, Does anyone know why the palys heads are like that? theyre like backwards lol.. they look like jellyfish. are they okay? was there too much or too little light at the LFS or something?

post-83142-0-66991900-1421374715_thumb.jpg

post-83142-0-63294700-1421374721_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sneak preview of my homemade frag rack with some new little guys i got. Got most of those frags for free even the toadstool! Pretty neat. Sadly, Nemo jumped. so i make a eggcrate hood. :)

Sorry its been so long. Just been pretty busy with Regents and such. Havent had that much time with the tank and im getting some GHA oh no :( I dimmed my lights alot to see if that will help. we will see. :)

post-83142-0-93771900-1422492574_thumb.jpg

post-83142-0-30322300-1422492579_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Forgspawn=nice

Is that a torch I see? What kind?

Is that a Ric? blue blue blue hahaha

If you are using an iphone or something try using some clear, yellow colored plastic in front of it. I have heard that helps a bit with the blue effect B)

Forgspawn=nice

Is that a torch I see? What kind?

Is that a Ric? blue blue blue hahaha

If you are using an iphone or something try using some clear, yellow colored plastic in front of it. I have heard that helps a bit with the blue effect B)

Octo spawn actually :) And the torch is a metallic green with purple tips. and no thats not a ric its just a blue striped discoma. i have a vietmanese rainbow mushroom though, goes for 199$ but i cant get a good pic of it. I have a nikon not an iphone haha

Octo spawn actually :) And the torch is a metallic green with purple tips. and no thats not a ric its just a blue striped discoma. i have a vietmanese rainbow mushroom though, goes for 199$ but i cant get a good pic of it. I have a nikon not an iphone haha

What Nikon are you using? I have a D90 and the pics don't come out super blue. lol I just found my stupid AE-Lock button so now I can change aperture finally! :P

I have a nikon l330 point and shoot.

Heresa question to EVERYONE that can help me.... is this too much/too little flow for my torch? also is this to little / too high of light for my tank? I have a ten gallon with an MR120 full spectrum LED mounted 1 foot over the surface. I have the whites on 35% and the blues on MAX. :P please help. I want my torch to have HUGE polyp extension... rigt now theyre about 1 inchish long.... i want 3 inchers like ive seen on youtube... thanks for the help guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0dZEx8_1SI

Oh yeah! You should see the new 2 head frag i just got! purple with greenish yellow tips! will post in a few days when its fully open.

Can someone tell me what kind of torch the one on the right is? Its purple tentacles and about 75% of the way to the tip it transitions to green and then the tips are pure white.. thanks everyone! just got this guy today and glued him with my green torch, its really trippy when the flow makes the flow together. thanks alot guys!

Also I guess i have to put Flickr link to my photos on here now. I guess i used my allowed space for photos on NR.... how do i get more space?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131460491@N07/16596044162/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
CosmicCanine

Hello, So I finally convinced the parents to let me set up a tank bigger than 10 gallons, (Go me!) They always want me to set up ten gallons, I dont know why. But here we go, I hope you all like it and continue to follow my journey.

I'm transferring all my livestock from the 10G into the 29G.

Equipment:

Aqueon 29G (Check)

Hydor Koralia 720 (Check)

AGA 100w heater (Check)

Prizm HOB skimmer (Check)

120w full spectrum leds (Check)

koralia 240 (Check)

Screen hood (Check)

Sand (Check)

Rock (Check)

Mod List:

Screen top cut for skimmer and cords to run through (Check)

Add magnets to rock to make floating shelf for torch coral (Check)

Spraypaint rear wall black (Check)

This tank is going to be a simplistic tank with loads of negative space for sandbed corals

It's going to have a pillar on the right and negative space on the left, i may have to do some tweaking here and there but well see.

STAND: Customizing a standard stand i found at a yard sale for free (go me!) I need to add some pillars in it for support and add a rectangle top because the top that was original would leave the corners of the 29 hanging off the edge.

18009398021_de08bb2613_o.jpgDSCN1214 by Cameron Everard, on Flickr

18008583335_8f95c4bff4_o.jpgDSCN1215 by Cameron Everard, on Flickr

17385945704_5eb55882e6_o.jpgDSCN1216 by Cameron Everard, on Flickr

17820616228_3c82fdcb45_o.jpgDSCN1217 by Cameron Everard, on Flickr

17387957403_310c7c52bd_o.jpgDSCN1218 by Cameron Everard, on Flickr

17385839864_543f86a36a_o.jpgDSCN1219 by Cameron Everard, on Flickr

17387885503_760533a7d1_o.jpgDSCN1220 by Cameron Everard, on Flickr

17981914076_2bb502c3b6_o.jpgDSCN1221 by Cameron Everard, on Flickr

18009052581_f77b1761f2_o.jpgDSCN1224 by Cameron Everard, on Flickr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived