Coral Vue Hydros

Huskys Bigger Nano (WARNING: Picture Heavy)

CosmicCanine

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pix!

No pics yet friend. Not until my water is clear.... Btw to answer you other question, I went bb because there was massive loads of detritus in my sandbed, thus raising all my levels.... Now it won't settle

ahhhhhh, did you ever vacuum?? I actually just picked up a vacuum siphon for my tank, I'm going to try it out today.
Yes I did...it just kept settling and my damsel would dig and play in the sand and it would all float around making my water unsightly cloudy.vniw I won't have to that problem :) and here I'll post pics screw it haha

Here you all go :3

I painted the back black and the bottom white. I also put electrical tape down the edges so it gives the appearance of black silicone. Which I love.

post-83142-0-11415500-1416865811_thumb.jpg

Yeah, some fish are notorious for stirring up your beds (YWG, Damsel, some clownfish, etc etc). I look forward to seeing crystal clear pics to see how it looks, im considering this same tank and now I can see pics of sandy bottom and bare bottom to compare :P

Equipment is Lights: aquaticlife 36w ledFiltration: LR and 2 aqueon hobsHeater: AGA 100w (constant 82)Flow:the filters and a seio 329 phTent: the hammer is still small, I moved it to higher flow last night. I modded my LEDS so they aren't in strips anymore, they are in the shape of a #, made my light seem brighter and cover more area

What's the equipment on this ?
Yeah, some fish are notorious for stirring up your beds (YWG, Damsel, some clownfish, etc etc). I look forward to seeing crystal clear pics to see how it looks, im considering this same tank and now I can see pics of sandy bottom and bare bottom to compare :P
How is that hammer doing?

Water is much more clear now...

post-83142-0-02683400-1417026142_thumb.jpg

*whistles* Looking good man, following along if I haven't already :)

On a side-note: You said you were using a Aquatic life 36w led, I went to take a peek at it and I'm only seeing a 36" model. Is that what you are using and do you have it mounted front to back on the tank? Just wondering if that's what I'm seeing since the middle is brighter than the sides but I don't know much about lighting so just curious.

*whistles* Looking good man, following along if I haven't already :)

On a side-note: You said you were using a Aquatic life 36w led, I went to take a peek at it and I'm only seeing a 36" model. Is that what you are using and do you have it mounted front to back on the tank? Just wondering if that's what I'm seeing since the middle is brighter than the sides but I don't know much about lighting so just curious.

I got it used. He really messed it up. Its the 24 inch model. with a 36 watt ballast. idk what he did but hes using parts from two different models. And believe it or not. the metal is cut in half. then screwed together. so its not long anymore. its a square. It was custom made to fit his 12g cube. Ill send a pic hold on

See? Instead of two long strips it's cut in half and screwed together so now it's 4 strips of LEDS :) he was smart but I just got done literally 15 minutes ago putting thermal paste on the LED strips connected to the heat sink. He never put any on there and they got really hot. Now they shoul run cooler.

post-83142-0-21423600-1417035476_thumb.jpg

post-83142-0-43714700-1417035484_thumb.jpg

Huh. Interesting! I am not good at all with putting stuff together, I could never imagine doing something like that, I would probably end up electrocuting myself. Mad props for being able to get that thing working. :)

Huh. Interesting! I am not good at all with putting stuff together, I could never imagine doing something like that, I would probably end up electrocuting myself. Mad props for being able to get that thing working. :)

Thanks man!

Suprise! ID please? Btw, it's up to you guys to tell me where to place corals. So tell me where you want it! Majority of a spot is where I place it!

post-83142-0-94868800-1417051709_thumb.jpg

post-83142-0-88615400-1417051719_thumb.jpg

Some chalices have very long sweepers. My robokaki chalice probably has 5-6inch sweepers but the chalice itself isn't even 3 inches.

damn dude..... Scary!! Im afriad of things with sweepers lol! I always move them LOL... does the rock on the bottom front right look okay? thats where i put it. its rather low lighting but its still bright eyes!

damn dude..... Scary!! Im afriad of things with sweepers lol! I always move them LOL... does the rock on the bottom front right look okay? thats where i put it. its rather low lighting but its still bright eyes!

Should be fine. I gave mine a little valley to grow out in away from all the corals. I feed mine 1-2 times a week but make sure you give it very tiny pieces. Try to lay it flat though so it spreads out evenly.

Should be fine. I gave mine a little valley to grow out in away from all the corals. I feed mine 1-2 times a week but make sure you give it very tiny pieces. Try to lay it flat though so it spreads out evenly.

OKay, do i have to feed it?

Not really sure if its required. I just believe feeding helps all corals grow quicker.

Okay thank you. I'll spot feed on Mondays and fridays

Hammer corsl is still not opening after 3 weeks. Idk what to do. I really love this thing I do t want it to die. It's not dead it just won't open all the way. This is about as much as it opens. I've just moved it to a shady area with a little higher flow to see if maybe that was the reason, maybe it doesn't like my bright LEDS lol.

post-83142-0-55448200-1417113948_thumb.jpg

Euphies don't like to be moved (I've read about you moving it quite a few times) and like moderate to high flow as long as is an indirect flow, not just getting blasted IME. Leave it be in the same spot and I bet it will open up for you.

Euphies don't like to be moved (I've read about you moving it quite a few times) and like moderate to high flow as long as is an indirect flow, not just getting blasted IME. Leave it be in the same spot and I bet it will open up for you.

I just got off the phone with the guy i got it from. he talked me into raising my lights cuz they are too powerful to be an unch from the water. and he told me to put it in a cave until i see it reach for light. so im going with what he tell me right now. well see what happpens. TBH raising my lights REALLY made the tank look better! the colors of the lights blend in alot more and the whole tank isnt spotlighted its all lite up. looks awesome.

Archived