SaltCritters.com

Water not clear !

Jorgieee

I currently have a 29 gallon biocube my tank has a bunch of little white specs floating around. I have filter floss and I added chemipure elite about a month ago and it's still not crystal clear any suggestions ?

I currently have a 29 gallon biocube my tank has a bunch of little white specs floating around. I have filter floss and I added chemipure elite about a month ago and it's still not crystal clear any suggestions ?

Well, if you can see particulates and it's been a month, my first guess would be that you didn't rinse the sand well enough, my second would be that there is a gap some where in your mechanical filtration, and my third would be a minor bacterial bloom feeding off of leeched phosphates from dry rock and sand.

Anything close? It's hard to say sometimes.

I know I rinsed out the sand pretty well in my first chamber I have filter floss, on the second chemipure elite and on the third one I have filter media

I can't see the picture unfortunately. Some times you have to wait these things out. It's annoying, but inevitable on a lot of new systems. Try packing the filter floss a little more densely maybe?

Archived