SaltCritters.com

Question on morals

Daveluce

So, I just picked up a 27" 16k razor r420r from a couple that have fallen on hard times. They had a big ass reef tank that they need to sell. This morning, they posted up the stuff they wanted to sell. I quickly drove out there and grabbed the razor. She said she's selling it cheap because you can't program it. She also said it was a 20".

I give her my 50$, and run home. Plug it in, and it works perfectly! What a deal!

Now my question is, should I give her more money? I'm stoked I got such a deal, but I feel guilty. I know she set the price, and got what she asked, but she could have easily got much more.

What would you do? I'm not planning on selling the lights to make money. Im actually using them.

This is your personal beliefs. If you want to pay more than do it but as a buyer there is nothing that requires you. She felt $50 was fair for her.

It's not your fault they couldn't program it. OTOH, it's not their fault either really. It's your call, if I could afford it I'd try to kick them another few bucks.

You know what you need to do. Don't look to others to be your moral compass.

Yea, keep the money and spend it on coral that'll look hot under your sleek new light. The Internet has spoken, all may depart.

Right after I posted this, I texted her telling her I wanted to send her another 50$ and asked for her PayPal info, since I'm not going to drive 45 back out there. She refused! I told her it was working well and she said "merry Xmas". I have her address so I will send her the money in a card.

She was also selling 2 gen 3 radions for 500$. If I didn't care about my kids getting Xmas presents this year, I would have scooped those up too.

Archived