Coral Vue Hydros

Bristle Worm? Strange color and shape

Jbrock183

I have a few bristle worms but I'm not sure whether this guy is one not. His color is more brownish light green and he looks more like an earthworm. I've only seen him out a few times and couldn't get a close look. These are the pictures I have as of now - but he is much more brown and less green than he looks here.

There are loads of different types of worms.

I used to try and ID the one's I have as well, but its quite hard because there are so many kinds.

Besides, unless something goes missing or your coral is being eaten, I wouldn't worry about it.

They are freaky though.

• 2 months later...

Is your experience with Eunice worms good or bad? I'm trying to determine whether or not this Eunice worm has been the cause of some recent issues. I have had no problems with my zoanthids, pavona, plate coral, colt coral, blastomussa, star polyps, kenya tree, snowflake polyps, and mushrooms. But over the past month, I have completely lost a duncan coral, a clove polyp, and a beautiful frogspawn coral.

How likely is it that my losses have been because of the Eunice worm? If so, how can I get rid of it? I almost never see it and he's way to fast for me to catch.

Are you just confirming that it is a Eunice worm, or are you also saying it was likely the cause for my coral losses? Does anyone have suggestions for how to get it out?

Eunice can eat corals, I'd recommend you come at night with tweezers and pull him out when he's peeking around, be very careful though, they spook easily and swim with ease.

Eunice always has antennas on his face, if no antennas he's not Eunice.

Archived