Coral Vue Hydros

IM NANO FUSION 10 New Build!

R0DD

How do you like the IM light that comes with the tank? Can you just run the blues at night?

The light is great and looks very sleek for the tank. I have mostly LPS only and they are all thriving.

You cannot choose to only run certain colors, all or none. Also, it does not have an on/off switch. I put mine on a timer so i don't mine it.

2j2ymia.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you like the IM light that comes with the tank? Can you just run the blues at night?

+1 on the lighting. That's the new 18 watt one, right? How does it seem to be doing so far?

If I remember correctly, a lot of people toss the stock pump day one in favor of a Maxijet 900? Double check that please, but that seems to be what is bouncing around in my noggin at the moment. B)

Nice tank! I just jumped on the fusion 10 train myself, but without any real experience. Are you running a skimmer? Check out my build if you get a chance, I'd welcome any advice.

Nice tank! I just jumped on the fusion 10 train myself, but without any real experience. Are you running a skimmer? Check out my build if you get a chance, I'd welcome any advice.

Heading over there to check it out, :welcome: to the addiction.

Mj900 seems to be a popular choice, as well as the Marineland Minijet 600. I haven't tried either one in mine (yet).

I used a Hydor 200 (aka Pico Evolution 800) in my old 4g tank and it worked great too.

reefernanoman

Intank basket with new media! Btw anyone else use two filter floss pads? The purigen is also a little snug in there

Nice upgrade. Is that Chemipure in there? If yes, what size?

reefernanoman
Yea it's the chemipure elite 3.1 oz
Thanks, I just ordered my media basket from INTANK last night.

Nice progress!

I have so many pods that my tank looks cloudy lol, I already have the cleaner shrimp and 2 clowns in there, would adding a goby be too much?
I would say that you would be pushing it. I only have one black and white clown and a goby with two pistol shrimp. Clowns are messy eaters and the one that turns into a female can grow 3 inches or more (mine is huge in my other tank)

I think it depends on the goby and on how mature your tank is. A small Goby like the Green Banded or Rusty Goby that I have eat very little and aren't much load on a tank. But I have no idea how they'd do with your clown fish. The Rusty Goby is very shy so you'd never see him. The GBG was very outgoing in my tank but there's no telling what one would do with the clownfish.

reefernanoman

I think it depends on the goby and on how mature your tank is. A small Goby like the Green Banded or Rusty Goby that I have eat very little and aren't much load on a tank. But I have no idea how they'd do with your clown fish. The Rusty Goby is very shy so you'd never see him. The GBG was very outgoing in my tank but there's no telling what one would do with the clownfish.

Once paired, clownfish can become very aggressive towards anything else inside the tank( at least in my case). I just think that they would probably pick on any small shy goby.

Intank basket with new media! Btw anyone else use two filter floss pads? The purigen is also a little snug in there

I love that inTank media basket!

I used to try to cram in the whole Chemipure bag too, until I figured out I could just use a tablespoon or two or carbon and GFO from BRS - it's been a lot cheaper and I know that I've got just the right amount of chemical filtration for my size tank.

If you use a smaller quantity of Purigen it will be more effective anyway since the flow through it will be better. Just my $0.02.

For filter floss, you can use as much as you want as long as it doesn't slow down the flow, but I've found that it doesn't take much to be effective. I use a small wad from a bag of generic stuffing from Walmart. $6 got me more than a year's supply, and I can change it five times a week if I want to :)

Archived