Top Shelf Aquatics

DocReef's Fusion 20

DocReef

Another rare Flaming Prawn Goby sighting. I swore the lil guy was dead, since it had been months since I last saw him (last sighting July 2015). I got a quick glimpse of him and he went back into seclusion. Still awesome though.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Do you dose anything?

What are you doing for water changes?

What a beautiful tank ..

Just B-Ionic Calcium/Buffer two part solution, Magnesium, and Iodine. I add them with water changes.

I have cut back my water changes to once a month and I am getting better results. I was doing them weekly before. I just make sure to not overfeed.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am due for an update on my tank, and unfortunately my tank has been having issues. All my LPS has been slowly dying and despite what I do, it just seems to keep spreading. My Acans are pretty much gone as is my Cyphastrea colonies and most of my chalice colonies. I dipped my LPS and it didn't seem to help. I corrected any parameters that may have not been within the ideal range, and have done multiple water changes with no avail. My Zoas and SPS is doing great and flourishing. Not sure if it's some disease specific to LPS or what, but I haven't been able to find anything in the forums. Pretty bummed about the casualties.

Possibly a baterial infection that eats away lps flesh?

That's what I'm thinking. Or some parasite. It's strange that it's only affecting LPS. Everything else is fine. Really weird

Archived