Pod Your Reef

DocReef's Fusion 20

DocReef

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FlamingPrawn

Figured I'd return the favor! :) How do you like the skimmer so far? I obviously don't have a chance to use mine yet. And i noticed you have an mp10 also... did you notice the 1200 wasn't enough flow? I have a sicce 1.5 and would like to keep it at this. Less in the display tank :)

Also, are you putting kalk or anything else in your ATO?

The skimmer is not bad at all. Took a few weeks to break in, but afterwards had been working pretty well. Lots of thick skimmate.

The flow with the MJ1200 is not bad. I have my MP10 at about 30%, so not much additional flow. I think I would have done okay with just the return pump. The MP10 was a gift.

No Kalk in ATO. I do Ca/Buffer manual dosing several times a week with no issues.

I would try it with the Sicce first. You can always add a pump later.

Thanks for visiting.

FlamingPrawn

The skimmer is not bad at all. Took a few weeks to break in, but afterwards had been working pretty well. Lots of thick skimmate.

The flow with the MJ1200 is not bad. I have my MP10 at about 30%, so not much additional flow. I think I would have done okay with just the return pump. The MP10 was a gift.

No Kalk in ATO. I do Ca/Buffer manual dosing several times a week with no issues.

I would try it with the Sicce first. You can always add a pump later.

Thanks for visiting.

Ok sounds good :) I planned on using Kalk in my ATO when it comes time. And i'm using the spin streams so idk how much flow i'm going to be restricted to with the sicce guess we''ll see when the time comes also.

Nice dendro :wub:

How do you get the montis to grow like that? Do they do it naturally or did you glue them up sideways?

PS: love the acans too :)

Nice dendro :wub:

How do you get the montis to grow like that? Do they do it naturally or did you glue them up sideways?

PS: love the acans too :)

Thanks. Just got the Dendro this week and It's been open the whole time. I've been wanting to get one for a very long time, and finally got a good deal on this guy.

The Green Monti had been glued upright when it was fragged and I glued it the same way since I liked how it looked.

I originally had the red monti wrapping around the green one, but it was causing the green one to recede and die off (you can still see the remnants of the die off in the right lower corner of the green monti, more than half of it was dead), so I moved the red monti back a bit. I placed it in a crevice between two pieces of live rock and it ended up at an angle. I sort of want it to grow into a cup shape.

Thanks, that acan is one of my faves also.

I'm looking forward to seeing how those montis grow out! I've never thought of gluing the frags like that - they look really cool so far.

I'm looking forward to seeing how those montis grow out! I've never thought of gluing the frags like that - they look really cool so far.

Thanks. We'll see how it grows out.

beautiful tank! i love your scape.

and i am a huge fan of dendros! :D

Thank you. Just got it from ASD this last week and it's been open almost all day. The last one I had a long time ago never opened and eventually died, so I was scared to try one again, but they had a killer deal during their weekend sale and decided to try one out again. No regrets.

Thank you. Just got it from ASD this last week and it's been open almost all day. The last one I had a long time ago never opened and eventually died, so I was scared to try one again, but they had a killer deal during their weekend sale and decided to try one out again. No regrets.

yes! i love my dendro and have great fotos of

him if you go through my older posts. hee!

and i also love the balano, which ASD had on

sale too. it is a even prettier dendro cousin.

Yes, I did see your Dendros. I think it was your tank that encouraged me to get another one. I need to look into the Balano. I saw that also. Might be my next purchase. Although, I really need a wrasse as my next purchase cause I'm getting too many Pods and snails that are irritating my coral.

reefernanoman

Red Elongated Dottyback

IMG_20150405_160602.jpg

Side View

IMG_20150405_160504.jpg

Top view

IMG_20150405_160408.jpg

What are these right here?:

IMG_20150405_160504.jpg

They look like anemones to me.

What are these right here?:

IMG_20150405_160504.jpg

They look like anemones to me.

They look like duncans to me. They look just like the ones in my tank :)

reefernanoman

Is it me, or do they look like a BTA?

Yes, they're Duncans. I guess they can kind of look like a BTA. Here's a different shot with the tentacles not as extended.

IMG_3225.jpg

Your 'scape makes me want to redo mine. Jerk.

Thanks. I'll take that as a compliment, lol. ;)

Beautiful! I love those montis!

Thank you

• 1 month later...

Updates plz!

How are the new fish doing? No ich?

Thanks for asking. Tank is doing great. Officially ich free. I have a pair of Green Banded Gobies that are nice and fat and a new Red Elongated Dottyback that is a new addition to the tank. So far, so good. My last dottyback committed suicide by swimming head first into my Vortech pump.

Archived