Top Shelf Aquatics

NanoreefNate's DSA 35G Massive Pic Update May 21st!

nanoreefnate

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay so here's the Merry Christmas update! Lots of changes and additions have been made to the tank.

On the livestock end I added Three Blue Eye Cardinals as well as two acropora pieces, a blue/green tennis and a Bali Green Slimer.

Here's the FTS:

15905074417_f9dd9f2ac8_c.jpg

On the equipment side, I added a Bubble Magus dosing pump! This should help for when I leave for long periods of time, which adversely effected my old 20G. Here's a shot of what's inside the cabinet now.

15903381008_18bf0f5439_c.jpg

I'll post some macro shots of the coral when I get back from Disneyland. Have a very Merry Christmas everyone! :grouphug: :D

• 3 weeks later...

I need more suggestions on fish. I took out my blue green chromis because he was bullying the McKosker and Helfrichi so I again have space for one more fish. I'm looking for a colorful, open water swimming species. All input is appreciated :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Spiderguardnano

Nate this is one of my favorite tanks to see updates on

Thinking about picking up a fat head tomorrow

Did yours eat at the store already or did you have to train him?

What does he eat?

nanoreefnate

Drop by more often, let us know how things are going!

Haha I'll try! As you can see by the FTS, my acans had a pest problem for a little bit two months ago so I had to move them to a different tank while I interceptor'd both the QT and Display. They're recovering now though :D

Down right killer FTS.. Wow :happydance:

Thanks Reef Kid! :D

Had one of these. Refused to eat, and perished. :( Loved that fish.

Whaaatttt? I have three and they are all doing pretty good. Two I've have for almost two years. Sorry about your fish :(

Nate this is one of my favorite tanks to see updates on

Thinking about picking up a fat head tomorrow

Did yours eat at the store already or did you have to train him?

What does he eat?

Haha thanks. My Sunburst did eat mysis at the shop but he didn't eat when I got him home. It took 2 weeks of putting tons of food with garlic added for him to finally take to R.O.E. but he has since started eating mysis again :D

Whaaatttt? I have three and they are all doing pretty good. Two I've have for almost two years. Sorry about your fish :(

What are you feeding yours?

nanoreefnate

What are you feeding yours?

My Randalls Assessors eat R.O.E and TDO pellets. Where did you get yours?

nanoreefnate

Saltwaterfish.com

Ahhh. Well that might be part of the problem. I haven't seen too many good reviews about that site. All three of mine came from LiveAquaria's Divers Den.

Beautiful!...what color and intensity are you 360w?

Thanks! I'm at 100% Intensity and about 60-70% Color. So it's around 14K.

Ahhh. Well that might be part of the problem. I haven't seen too many good reviews about that site. All three of mine came from LiveAquaria's Divers Den.

Yeah. I figured. I just hadn't seen many and I got sucked in. Lesson learned.

nanoreefnate

Yeah. I figured. I just hadn't seen many and I got sucked in. Lesson learned.

I was confused there for a second until I read your quote carefully. :lol:

Boy yours rastas sure have taken off! Even though you had the bug problem, this tank looks grat for what... not even 6 months old?

nanoreefnate

Boy yours rastas sure have taken off! Even though you had the bug problem, this tank looks grat for what... not even 6 months old?

Yeah they have! I'm actually worried that they are going to overrun the Tubbs and the ATL Ice Fires. haha. And I'm going on 8 months since the tank was filled with water and 7 months of being fully stocked.

• 1 month later...
nanoreefnate

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

FTS Time :P This is the first FTS I've taken on my 5D Mark III not on my iPhone. haha.

17295417626_53645d9dc3_c.jpg

nanoreefnate

Holy hell,this thing is filling in nicely man. You need to update this thing more often :D

Haha Thanks ReefKid! And yeah I will try to.

One of my favorite tanks on here. Looking good. Zoas are growing nicely. Do you feed them anything? I am having a hard time getting my Zoas to grow despite feeding.

nanoreefnate

One of my favorite tanks on here. Looking good. Zoas are growing nicely. Do you feed them anything? I am having a hard time getting my Zoas to grow despite feeding.

Thanks Doc! I do not feed my zoas anything actually. What I have found is that when I had a more "sterile" tank setup with a filter sock and heavy skimming with no low flow refugium as I did with my 20G, the zoas definitely grew a lot slower. In this current setup, I have no filter sock, just a rock rubble diffusion zone in the sump, the same skimmer as my 20, which equals less skimming, and I have a 10G deep mud bed in my 10g low flow refugium. As you can see from the images the later setup has promoted much more growth than my previous system. Hope this helps!

Archived