Pod Your Reef

NanoreefNate's DSA 35G Massive Pic Update May 21st!

nanoreefnate

I'd be worried about the wrasse carpet surfing.....

Really like your rockscape and the corals look great!

I'm planning on making a screen for the tank. I actually already made one that didn't come out too well because I didn't incorporate the 45 degree cuts because it wasn't just a regular square. Thanks Basser! :D

maybeeee lose a couple of fish and replace dems with some Cardinals :P ?!?! I agree with Basser,that's one bad thing about Wrasses... Have you kept them before without issues ?

Haha I'm probably gonna replace the male mandarin with a male red scooter that I'm training to eat cyclop-eeze. I'm gonna make that screen before I'm done quarantining any wrasse I get since I haven't bought it yet.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I just bought this clam from Tidal Gardens. I just loved the pattern! :D It should be here Tuesday morning!!!

Nice! Tidal Gardens has a live sale on their YouTube channel that starts in a half hour if you need anything else to add to the box to keep that clam company. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a photo of my two clams! The new on is at top right and the one I've had for over a year is at the bottom left.

15307698543_7e31becc5a_c.jpg

Nice! Tidal Gardens has a live sale on their YouTube channel that starts in a half hour if you need anything else to add to the box to keep that clam company. ;)

Thanks for the heads up!

Very nice setup. Love the acans

Thank you very much!

Jealous :(

Sorry! :P

That bottom left clam is nice.

Thanks! The thing is that when you look at the clams through the glass the Bottom Left one becomes a dark purple and the Top Right one becomes a perfect shade of blue in my opinion.

I still cannot get over that Acan collection lol I thought mine was point but nopeeee lol.

Haha Thanks! It did take quite a number of months to collect all these colonies. If you go back and look at my old 20G thread it's amazing to see how much some of the original colonies have grown!

Yo Nate what rock did you use for this build?

Oh gosh there's so many different pieces from so many different vendors with so many different names… I know that at least two major pieces are Pukani, I have some Bali Alor, random Fiji and Solomon Island pieces, A couple of Tonga Branches and two pieces of Real Reef. Its just a hodgepodge of rock I've collected over the last 7 years really. haha. Some of these rocks have been live for the same amount of time. Specifically the bottom right piece that is behind the Scoly and that the Frogspawn is up against.

New Addition! A random Acropora tennis I bought from the shop I work at. :D It was blue and green before I dipped it in Revive. haha

15749092167_066e348e3b_z.jpg

Your tank looks fantastic! Really makes me want to upgrade!

Thanks WildBill! You should then! :P

Nice clams Nate!

Thank you Metro :flower:

Awesome reef! I especially love those new clams. Well done. Excellent upgrade.

Mr. Microscope! Thank you very much kind sir! :D

Do you guys think that adding 3 Longspine (Blue Eye) cardinals and a McCosker Wrasse would be too much for my setup? The total number of fish would be 9. I took out the male Mandarin which brought down the number of fish to 5, those being the 2 Randall's Assessors, 1 Helfrichi Firefish, 1 Blue Green Chromis, and the female Mandarin. All input is greatly appreciated! :D

Those acans!! :wub:

Thanks Kim! :D

I just bought this cute little guy off of the Divers Den. None of the LFS's including the one that I work at have been able to get any in for the last couple of weeks so I just had to bite the bullet and get him :P

15754734208_d3b8b2c353_z.jpg

Oh nice! I saw him on DD tonight and thought he sure was purdy. Nice to know he is going somewhere I will get to "see" him from time to time.

Oh nice! I saw him on DD tonight and thought he sure was purdy. Nice to know he is going somewhere I will get to "see" him from time to time.

He came in today! UPS was late by about 7 hours but he's okay now! :D Pics to come.

Here's Mr. McCoskery in the box from LiveAquaria. He was packed much better this time from my past experiences with LA.

15770908267_db66a1ffec_z.jpg

Drip Drop Drip Drop acclimation time for Mr. McCoskery. His water was kinda cold.

15955981072_f38cb9533a_z.jpg

Did a 10 min temp acclimation just in case the temp was off. Now he's off hiding somewheres in my rock work.

Hope I see him out soon! *Note Mickey in the reflection of the glass :P *

15954661291_693dc2c6db_z.jpg

Archived