Pod Your Reef

Melanarus wrasse re-emerged!

Partagas

So I brought this fish home to take care of this flatworm problem I have. As expected he quickly dove for the sand. After 8 weeks he has re-emerged! I have looked for this fish even at night after reading they sometimes go nocturnal, but my search was unsuccessful. I thought something had gotten to him under the sand and gave up on him. Well today to my surprise I came home from work and there he was out in plain "daylight". He does not look good, he's swimming a bit erratic, has loss some color although he did eat frozen mysis shrimp and stood up to the rest of the fishes who came to see who was the stranger amongst them.

Is it possible that he hid for all this time? It's hard to imagine he was under for this long. Hopefully this guy will make it and start doing what he was hired for☺️

Well three days later and he seems to be improving. Hes out all the time during the daylight, hes eating well and has become more active, today he was stirring up the detritus from the rocks and picking at it. His tank mates are accepting him except for when he gets too close to the clown's anemone of course. I think this guy will make it afterall. Thanks for looking!

Archived