inTank Media Baskets

bio cube 14 gallons updated 8/16/16

HIppieRose

Those are perfect starter corals. They won't build calcium so you don't have to worry about turning your tank into a block of LR. Instead you will get this:

DSC01315_zps49ead1d5.jpg

I actually love Xenia forests they are absolutely mesmerizing.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I just did not like the trees at all. So took them out. The other two look great. The molly is doing great too. So going to do some more waiting. Then maybe add more CUC. Just not sure what or how much. I don't want to over stock.

I also had a young black molly. Accumulated him to the salt water tank. When I finally get fish Ill move him out

How do you like your tank so far? Have you had to modify it in anyway since you've got it running? I'm leaning in getting the larger version of it and hear 50/50 on it's pumps, flilter, etc.....great looking tank!

reefernanoman

Tank is cycled but I am still not done researching to add fish. I did get some snails and ordered some plants that well be here later today.

I already forgot the name of the snails. So Ill just call them these and those.

These

016_zps7a1828d8.jpg

Those

020_zps2ae097b9.jpg

FTS

019_zps4ea59695.jpg

I like the aquascape that you got going there.

The photo with two corals in it has the broken one on the left.

I think that is the xenia that is opening up. Three more have opened while I type this. lol cool Oh and the hitch hiker is doubled in size. You can see it in the bottom right of the second photo. Sorry the photos are so bad. Think I need to clean the glass better.

aptasia in photo #3? might be a good idea to take care of it now so it doesnt spread.

looking good so far!

No clue what that is. Ill look it up see if I can find it.

I don't see it in my tank.

However I am getting a lot of green what CUC members do I need to take care of that? More snails?

Sorry picture is so bad. I can get better in the evening.

post-43055-0-78638100-1418502434_thumb.jpg

you dont. I mean, unless it really bugs you and you want to go at it with a tooth brush

i was just talking about getting a mag float or something similar for the glass to keep it clean. Even with a bomb CUC that will likely be a big part of your daily maintenance. You could also reduce your lighting period and you might want to make sure your nitrates/phosphates arent really high if you havent done that already

The nitrites are like 5 last test I did. Don't have a phosphate tester. I have several mags here I can do that no problem. I just put the tank lights on a timer a couple days ago. I have the time split 2 hours in the morning and again for 6 in the evening. Should start helping soon.

I did a 2.5 gallon water change today I will test tomorrow. I plan to do my normal water change on Monday. I have a RO filter coming so that well make it easier to do more water changes.

No the algae does not really bother me just want to keep it in check so it does not take over the tank.

Two new corals arrived today. Tomorrow my larger CUC comes. I am researching the pom pom crab. Think I well be getting one. So cute. Still researching fish. Maybe I can not have any? For some reason they worry me a lot. -_-

Now I see the problem. So much cool corals and fish on sale I want to get more and more. lol

Two new coral that come in today. And a FTS taken today. Excuse the magnit I have been using it everyday this week. I have changed my lights so that they are not on as long and the time is split. 2 hours on 4 hours off 3 hours on 2 hours off and then 4 more on. Hope that helps it works great with my FW planted tanks.

Sorry it is so cloudy added the circulation pump and did a water change. Hope it settle back down soon.

post-43055-0-11915100-1418942007_thumb.jpg

post-43055-0-54884700-1418942019_thumb.jpg

post-43055-0-61727000-1418942028_thumb.jpg

When do I stop worrying that I am killing everything and start enjoying? One of my corals closed up yesterday (xenia) after water change and adding more currant it opened back up. So this morning it was closed but it opened back up and I didn't make any changes. Now my Glove is closed. So turned off the extra water flow but it is still closed up. All the other corals are open and seem fine. /grrrr

I did a one gallon water change. So maybe I should just leave it alone. Maybe I am fooling with it to much?

Ill go look again in about an hour instead of sitting there staring and worrying.

My www.reefcleaners.org snail package came today. Two days late but everyone looks fine. Not there fault. The mail-women that works on Saturday never brings my packages.

So far ever one of them looks great. However so much for a hermit free tank. I seem to have at least two. Tiny tiny ones. Need to look for some shells for them don't want them killing snails for them.

Fish come tomorrow.

You are probably fiddling with everything too much if you are worried its dying lol. Although if you leave it alone for like 2+ days and it still stays closed try moving it to a shadier/less flow spot and see how that does, or vice versa

Archived