Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

What order to add fish?

Cedar

Hey all, I've got a 75g tank that's all finished cycling, and it wants some fish. Here's what I'm thinking for right now, stocking wise:

1 Helfrichi Firefish

2 Occ. Clowns

2 Neon Gobies

Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

Various Clean-Up Crew Snails, etc.

Mandarin (WAY in the future with this one, I know.)

What do you all think? It doesn't seem like much to me, but I don't want to overstock. I also really need help with figuring out what order to add these fish in. Do I go firefish first, since they tend to be shy? Or the gobies? Any input or suggestions are appreciated. I'm going for splashes of color in this tank.

Shouldn't matter at all with those fish, exception obviously being the mandarin for other reasons. You should be able to safely add them all at once or in whatever orders you are able to purchase them in.

Main concern is if you decide to add fish that like to claim chunks of territory like angels or dottybacks, or if you want to add a group of semi-territorial species, like a group of chromis or springers damsels or more than 1 tang.

At this point I'm not looking into anything territorial. And certainly not damsels or chromis. I've read enough horror stories there. What about anthias? I've heard they can get a little pushy, but I think a few/couple of them would add some movement and color to the tank. Again, don't want to overstock.

You would want to add the anthias all at the same time and make sure you don't have 2 males if you add several. BIggest issue with them is their feeding requirements.

My female occellaris clown is a bully. I wish I'd waited longer to add the clowns to my tank. They can be plenty territorial.

Agreed. Add clowns last in my opinion.

Just make sure your firefish has a little cave he can dart in and he will be happy. They like to be paired as well and will stick together at all times.

I had read that firefish don't like other firefish. As in, don't add more than one unless you absolutely know they are a bonded pair. I do have plenty of caves.

Hey all, I've got a 75g tank that's all finished cycling, and it wants some fish. Here's what I'm thinking for right now, stocking wise:

1 Helfrichi Firefish

2 Occ. Clowns

2 Neon Gobies

Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

Various Clean-Up Crew Snails, etc.

Mandarin (WAY in the future with this one, I know.)

What do you all think? It doesn't seem like much to me, but I don't want to overstock. I also really need help with figuring out what order to add these fish in. Do I go firefish first, since they tend to be shy? Or the gobies? Any input or suggestions are appreciated. I'm going for splashes of color in this tank.

First to last:

neon gobies

firefish

mandarin (Add some pods and a fuge)

clowns

Archived