ReefCleaners.org

Thoughts on "non-cube" tanks

nanoguyben

I have been lurking around the site for awhile and looking at setting up a tank after having had a 38 gallon Innovative Marine last year before I deployed. I'm really interested in an AIO ranging from 4-10 gallons. However, all the tank guys seems to make the dreaded cube or "tall cube" these days. I would prefer something that is more shallow, for me it's just more aesthetically pleasing. What are your thoughts on this? Is there a market for pico/nano sized shallow AIO's made out of glass? I'm sure I could get a special order in...but why aren't they made as standard tank set up? Or even a shallow pico AIO bowfront? B)

Spec-v is a great rectangle AIO that can also be used as a peninsula. Cheap and requires minimal upgrades to make it usable. 5 gallons really limits the stocking on any tank though.

I have looked at that tank as well, I really just like smaller tanks..over the years those have always been the tanks I've had the best luck with. It's just hard to understand why the AIO's are cubes for the most part. We will see what I end up doing. I've had a tub with live sand and rock cycling for over a month in the garage..I just gotta figure out which tank I want. ;) The best tank I've ever had was a 7 gallon

Mini-bow about 10 years ago. I would kill for an 7-10 gallon AIO bowfront with glass lid.

Might consider looking at a fluval edge. They're pretty neat looking and fit your description. Upgrades needed of course, but that's the case with any of these aio on some level really.

Might consider looking at a fluval edge. They're pretty neat looking and fit your description. Upgrades needed of course, but that's the case with any of these aio on some level really.

+1, I think the fluval edge is a great looking small AIO if you don't want a cube.

Archived