inTank Media Baskets

Media for Fusion 30L Filtration Baskets/ Quarantine?

EaglesNest

Should I put Chemi Pure Elite, Purigen and Filter Floss in both baskets? And do I need to quarantine the first fish introduced to the tank? No other life in newly cycled tank.

I have the same tank and have been on the fence of adding ChemiPure Elite and Purigen on both ends.

The one pack of Purigen says it's good for up to 50 gallons so I believe one is good enough. 1/2 unit of CPE is good for 20 gallons, but a filled 30L with the rocks is like... 24 gallons or so. I personally just run filter floss on both sides, and one bag of CPE and one of Purigen.

As answer to your fish question. Well it's definitely an interesting one because if it comes with a deadly infectious disease then you have to let your main tank fallow while you Quarrantine a new addition so it doesn't bring anything bad as well. The risk is all yours!

If it is sick, and you want to medicate it, then the corals and inverts you have in the DIsplay may/will suffer and make your biological stuff all wacky. I personally QTed my first addition and were fine. I did have to treat with Prazi Pro after because one was acting weird 9 weeks after purchase. AND metro because of stringy white poo... Signs that didn't occur after 6 weeks of QT. So annoying.

Archived