Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Zeovit Vitalizer vs. Aquavitro Fuel

shawnriv

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to purchase an additive for my 38G mixed reef in order to achieve better polyp extension and growth from SPS. I have read great reviews for both the Aquavitro Fuel and ZeoVit Vitalizer but would like to know people's opinions on the products.

Thanks!

I've been using fuel for feedings. I also use acropower. They work very well.

Polyp extension for SPS is not only about additives. Good flow, good lighting and stability are the key.

I've been using fuel for feedings. I also use acropower. They work very well.

Polyp extension for SPS is not only about additives. Good flow, good lighting and stability are the key.

The polyps on my SPS seem to only come out at night. I have a Red Setosa and Purple Stylophora that I wish their polyps showed during the day - fuzzy sticks :D

I have a Kessil 360 (ramps up to 30% max) and an MP10.

I use Fuel and all of my birdsnest and my stylo go nuts.

Does your Stylophora keep out it's polyps throughout the day?

The polyps on my SPS seem to only come out at night. I have a Red Setosa and Purple Stylophora that I wish their polyps showed during the day - fuzzy sticks :D

I have a Kessil 360 (ramps up to 30% max) and an MP10.

Does your Stylophora keep out it's polyps throughout the day?

Yes it does. I just got it this week but polyps are always out on my all of my birdsnest and stylo. During the day I mean. At night everything in my tank closes up.

Yes it does. I just got it this week but polyps are always out on my all of my birdsnest and stylo. During the day I mean. At night everything in my tank closes up.

I might have to give it a try then. Do you have any algae issues while using the Fuel? I know one of the biggest perks about the Zeovit Vitalizer is it will not raise any nitrates and phosphates.

I don't see it having any affects but I am fighting cyano because my water source isn't great. My red titan macro grows a ton too so that may be part of it.

An Amino Acid product may help improve PE by helping with the feeding response, but if you don't already have PE it likely isn't going to miraculously give you good PE. If you want to get good PE on your SPS, flow is going to be the biggest factor and food is going to be another big factor.

An Amino Acid product may help improve PE by helping with the feeding response, but if you don't already have PE it likely isn't going to miraculously give you good PE. If you want to get good PE on your SPS, flow is going to be the biggest factor and food is going to be another big factor.

I agree. My birdsnests and stylos are happy but they have high flow going just a couple inches over (above) them. It's like indirect high flow.

Archived