Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Babies! Now what

atrox

Was doing some night feeding and noticed these little guys everywhere31BB4232-4661-453A-8AC6-72490AB7ACB5.jpg

Now what, I wasn't ready for this and some have already made it to the sump. I've got the pumps off and I'm trying to place em in a Tupperware for the time being until I can get to the pet store for a breeder box.

What??? I've heard breeding them was easy, but holy cow. Good job man.

The breeding part IS easy. It's the raising of the fry that's the hard part! Believe me I know.....

I didn't have a baby brine shrimp hatchery for mine, so I substituted with frozen BBS and cyclopeeze. I also made a fake urchin for them with a ball of epoxy and some wooden steak skewers.....

fake_urchin.jpg

Babies in Mr. Urchin....

fake_urchin2.jpg

The breeding part IS easy. It's the raising of the fry that's the hard part! Believe me I know.....

I didn't have a baby brine shrimp hatchery for mine, so I substituted with frozen BBS and cyclopeeze. I also made a fake urchin for them with a ball of epoxy and some wooden steak skewers.....

fake_urchin.jpg

Babies in Mr. Urchin....

fake_urchin2.jpg

Did any of them make it?

Cool urchin idea.

Unfortunately no.

I got lax on the tank cleaaning. I was not prepared for the extra work, so I ended up trading them to my LFS for store credit.

Archived