Top Shelf Aquatics

Just the Tip! 36x24x12 45g Peninsula

xavier1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lilmatty5dimes

Wow, so kind! Honestly, I have no idea on the return. Its the DC3000 Jabao pump and its on level 3. However, out of the back corner I also have the tunze, which is what is causing most of that surface agitation. It is 660 gph, and unless its pointed exactly how I have it, it throws sand out of the corners. Powerful pump for sure!

Thank you! I need to update on the other tank asap!

Oh man, I'm on all the forums haha! Well, its easy to upgrade ;)

Lol. Well it is pretty easy since a guy semi locally just posted a deep blue rimless 60g for sale for $175.

Lol. Well it is pretty easy since a guy semi locally just posted a deep blue rimless 60g for sale for $175.

Do it!!!

One of my favourite tanks. Future TOTM for sure.

Wow thank you so much.

Here is a new fts cause I just bought a Galaxy s6 and think the camera is awesome.

20150410_173259-01_zpscbmiq4fd.jpeg

Do it!!!

Wow thank you so much.

Here is a new fts cause I just bought a Galaxy s6 and think the camera is awesome.

20150410_173259-01_zpscbmiq4fd.jpeg

Wow great shot. I have to agree, the galaxy camera is so much better than the iphone camera.

Wow great shot. I have to agree, the galaxy camera is so much better than the iphone camera.

Not to mention I didnt even have the newer iPhones, I was using the 4s! So yeah, major step up for me. I have some other pictures I took yesterday, and since I just did a small water change today and moved some stuff around, I will post pics some updated ones with the new phone.

• 1 month later...

Update:

Got a new skimmer yesterday. Swapped out my Bubble Magus 3.5 for an E-shops S-150. Plugged it in last night and Im already getting some nice foam in the collection cup. I think I will end up making it a little drier skimmate, but for now I want to see what this thing can do.
Also, the Red Gorgonian has been suffering lately. Despite a lot of feedings (which I have moved from 5-6 days a week down to 2-3 because of algae issues) he is losing a lot of tissue and I think he may be a goner. Really sad about this because he was doing very well for a long time, but the leopard wrasse is almost constantly picking at it and keeping it closed so I can't feed him enough. For now he is in the 9 gallon and the yellow gorgonian will be the new featured piece on Sungorgian Island
  • 4 weeks later...

The red gorgonian didnt make it RIP. So I rearranged the island and made it a little smaller so there is more viewable angles for the corals I placed in the background. Im pretty bummed about the gorg, but on the positive side the yellow one looks much better.

The corals aren't happy because the lights had been off, I turned them on since the NPS looked happy.
20150607_021205-01_zpsyz0v3ura.jpeg
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are some pictures, its not the most recent layout, since these I have added a few things and changed some corals around, but I think I like it better. I will try to get some of those pics tonight.

But any who, here are some pics.
20150529_222700_zps5fzihnk4.jpg
20150529_222650_zpswllm7gkm.jpg
20150529_222627_zpsxypxruqf.jpg
20150529_222546_zpsefjuzuo8.jpg
20150529_222530_zpssz53mibh.jpg

that is such a cool island. Love the coral choice and placement!

Thank you!

WOW. How have I not seen this tank yet!??! Good looking tank!

Thanks. Glad you found us, hopefully you will stick around!

Beautiful tank. Reminds me of Eugene's shallow.

I like that Blueberry Gorg. I've heard they're a bear to keep alive though?

Tank looks so clean and the lighting is beautiful.

Thank you!

Beautiful tank. Reminds me of Eugene's shallow.

I like that Blueberry Gorg. I've heard they're a bear to keep alive though?

I will have to look that tank up, Im not online much anymore, unfortunately.

Its actually a yellow finger gorgonian, (Diogorgia)

Thanks guys. The lights are ati and mixed with wave point and guiessman. (Sp?)

All of the pictures have been taken with either an iPhone or a galaxy, and most of the recent and decent ones are with my s6

Thanks guys. The lights are ati and mixed with wave point and guiessman. (Sp?)

All of the pictures have been taken with either an iPhone or a galaxy, and most of the recent and decent ones are with my s6

Is there a program you use to get your pictures so colorful? Every time I use my galaxy the picture turns out too blue and washed out.

Archived