SaltCritters.com

Just the Tip! 36x24x12 45g Peninsula

xavier1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, the tank looks great. Just out of curiosity, what are you running in the sump?

Also, can we see the roomies tank? The dueling aspect of this build is possibly my favorite part.

jedimasterben

Agreed, the tank looks great. Just out of curiosity, what are you running in the sump? Also, can we see the roomies tank? The dueling aspect of this build is possibly my favorite part.

this.

this.

Loving this tank! Just looks so damn natural.

Agreed, the tank looks great. Just out of curiosity, what are you running in the sump? Also, can we see the roomies tank? The dueling aspect of this build is possibly my favorite part.

Thank you guys! Really does mean a lot. The tank is new still so I really need to see how everything plays out but I know I have to move in 3 months, so I want to do as much as I can before the move. In the sump is a filter sock, a bubble magus skimmer, a twolittlefishies 150 phos ban reactor with carbon and gfo, and a jaebo dc3000 return pump on level 1-3.

I agree, the dueling tanks is a lot of the fun, I will tell him to take some pictures today when the lights come on and everything opens up.

Oh yeahhhhh, forgot to update this. I woke up this morning (afternoon, but don't judge me) and had a "mother's intuition" moment and ran to the tank. Glad I did, cause one of the anemones was sucked into the tunze! AHHH. This is why anemones suck haha. Anyway, I unplugged it and moved the powerhead to the sand over by the other anemones. I don't think the anemone is hurt because he was actually inflated and tentacles out inside of the powerhead, and he didnt splooge anemone juice all over the tank. Im going to throw some extra carbon in the reactor today, and possible replace the phosban as well.

Anemones are doing well. Im 99% sure they are all bubble tips (E. quadricolor). A lot of the more bleached ones went underneath the rock, presumably to hide from the light, but who knows. These guys slimed up a LOT the second night, and it all got caught on the gorgonians, so they aren't looking great still. Ive been manually blowing them off with a turkey baster hoping I can get it to open back up so I can feed it.

I am going to need to do a water change soon, and I put up new lights. I got a 6 bulb tek light fixture (thanks Carlos from Southside Corals) and put it up yesterday. Ive always been a fan of T5s and it allows for more spectrum options while sucking up less energy. Win-Win.

• 2 months later...

I had time today to glue the new additions down. May I introduce Sungonian Island!

They aren't opened all the way yet, but they were very skinny at the store so I had a chance to try to rescue them all. Each colony has some dead spots (some more than others) but I think they are doing much better so far.
3835C85C-1934-4A1E-AAFF-011978FCB0AB_zps
0C32638D-E911-4702-A28B-559A8B3D264C_zps
0C8290FC-2B26-46E4-9E87-37F453477B30_zps
FBCDA8C3-919B-42FD-BC49-8DCE085F8219_zps
NorthGaHillbilly

Whole tank looks great, im REALLY impressed. Your buddy has alot to compete against.

Great job with the cynaria, its looking really good after being in your tank for a while.

• 1 month later...

Thank you! the cynaria grew too large, so I put it in the nano for now, trying to make some room for all these new corals!

here are some new pics

side view

4AEF200F-B7D4-40AF-8A86-D1944684FF8F_zps
Clowns are cozy
7C3FC81C-8922-4532-8AE2-06F79D9A8E7E_zps
FTS
873793E4-622D-4207-93CB-B1314B92CFC2_zps
The happy couple.
CB69BFD3-EE65-448F-BACB-7205E9C6D558_zps
And a picture my girlfriend took.
21764B7D-72F0-4D85-951C-06B815C5F40B_zps

Really like that tank! beautiful setup, i am thinking of doing somthing similiar soon with the deep blue tanks. curious what are you using for water movement in the tank other than the return? Also, is it possible with the deep blue to raise the water level any further than you have it?

Thanks guys! I don't think its TOTM material yet, but I very much appreciate that.

As far as the water level, thats as high as I could get mine. My roommates tank goes higher though (HUH?) so I think it has something to do with the level of the floor, and the way to overflows sit in comparison to each other.

I moved some corals around today, and glued a lot of the random zoanthid frags I had floating around down to the top flat rock that I have deemed to be "Zoa rock"

Also, the Cynaria and scleronepthya that I had moved into the nano tank, I moved back. The Cynaria didnt have space to fully expand when the dendros and tubastreas were out all the way, and I don't think the scleronepthya had enough food in there to sustain itself. It went downhill pretty quickly. We will see how they recover in this tank.
Note to myself: I changed the reactor media yesterday and put half carbon and half phosphate remover.
Odyssey350kc

This tank is awesome. Scape is perfect, looks clean in every pic, coral of all types and colors. Well done sir. How many GPH are you pushing through that return? It looks like a ton of flow on the upper half of the tank.

This tank is awesome. Scape is perfect, looks clean in every pic, coral of all types and colors. Well done sir. How many GPH are you pushing through that return? It looks like a ton of flow on the upper half of the tank.

Wow, so kind! Honestly, I have no idea on the return. Its the DC3000 Jabao pump and its on level 3. However, out of the back corner I also have the tunze, which is what is causing most of that surface agitation. It is 660 gph, and unless its pointed exactly how I have it, it throws sand out of the corners. Powerful pump for sure!

Wow both tanks are saaaaaweeeeeeeet!

Thank you! I need to update on the other tank asap!

Oh man didn't know you were on NR as well. Great tank. Wish I got the bigger one instead of the 30g.

Oh man, I'm on all the forums haha! Well, its easy to upgrade ;)

Archived