Cultivated Reef

nanocube light too white, want more blue in it

tdannhauser30

tdannhauser30

So as the title says, i dont like how white the lights are in the nanocube professional LED series. I have the 28 gal tank and it has white lights, dusk/morning and moonlights. I leave all of them on during the day to try and give it a blue-ish look but still not much at all. I get things in the store and the color really pops, then i put them in my tank and am dissapointed :( ... Anyway i am no skilled electrician and am not looking for an entire new build, so what would be the easiest way to add a bit of blue to the light, and how much should be added? Not so confident that i understand all the spectrum nonsense and what that all means, so if someone feels like dumbing that down for me to explain what i should be looking for let me know :rolleyes: .. Anyway thank you in advance

You can buy an LED strip and stick it onto the lid. You might have to change it once in a while because it can get so hot that the lights start to dim.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-5M-Waterproof-300leds-Cool-Blue-5050-SMD-Strip-Lights-Super-Bright-New-/331379496294?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d27c1d566&vxp=mtr

If you pour saltwater on it by accident just give it a freshwater wash.

To stick it on place it downwards and just use two pieces of tape to hold it (might look ghetto but it works). You can try use silicon to stick it but it might be harder to change to strips.

Maybe change to strip after like a year or sth

tdannhauser30

You can buy an LED strip and stick it onto the lid. You might have to change it once in a while because it can get so hot that the lights start to dim.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-5M-Waterproof-300leds-Cool-Blue-5050-SMD-Strip-Lights-Super-Bright-New-/331379496294?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d27c1d566&vxp=mtr

If you pour saltwater on it by accident just give it a freshwater wash.

To stick it on place it downwards and just use two pieces of tape to hold it (might look ghetto but it works). You can try use silicon to stick it but it might be harder to change to strips.

Maybe change to strip after like a year or sth

thank you for responding!!! Ok so This is an incredibly dumb question but hey the only dumb ones are the ones ya don't ask, how do i plug those lights in? Like if i bought two strips of like 2 or 3 LEDs each and taped them to either side of my already existing lighting/hood, do they come with a cord to like plug them in? sorry haha i know this sounds really stupid but im just really not clear on how it would work.. Again thank you for your help, its really appreciated.

thank you for responding!!! Ok so This is an incredibly dumb question but hey the only dumb ones are the ones ya don't ask, how do i plug those lights in? Like if i bought two strips of like 2 or 3 LEDs each and taped them to either side of my already existing lighting/hood, do they come with a cord to like plug them in? sorry haha i know this sounds really stupid but im just really not clear on how it would work.. Again thank you for your help, its really appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTRLt-fzTwg

That should answer your question :)

To get those extra stuff shown in the video you can just find them in ebay or sth. Sometimes people sell them together.

Archived