Top Shelf Aquatics

What's better? IM custom caddy or intank media basket?

zamboni200000

Not even a competition, intank all the way. I had the custom caddy(waiting for intank to produce a basket) and it warped like crazy. I have intank baskets for, 2 Fluval spec V, 3G Fluval spec, IM nuvo 24, RSM 130, IM fusion 30L, and I even use a jbj 45rl basket in my cadlights 50g instead of a filter sock.

Quality is worth the money.

zamboni200000

I understand th intank is no doubt better... But has anyone had both? If the IM custom caddy works 80% as good for half the price, I'd choose that...

I had both. Intank is bigger, stronger, more flow, and doesn't warp. The caddy I had only lasted about 4 months. Thank goodness Stevie came out with the 30L just in time.

So..... Just like most aquarium products, you can go the cheaper route, but end up spending more in the long run. I have learned that lesson a couple of times.

I've got the Intank and it works great. No problem with flow even when loaded up with floss, carbon, and chaeto.

Others who got the IM custom caddy complained that the water wouldn't flow through it very effectively.

It also will flow right over the top in the caddy as they do not have a taller rear wall. But they tried to copy other design features I took years to develop.

They also used really crappy "acrylic"

I can buy theirs cheaper @ wholesale than I can make an inTank version, if that tells you anything.

I own both for different im tanks, both media baskets & fuge. I can say as otwrs InTank build quality is top notch and you will never regret your purchase but with that said i have no problems with the custom caddy warping or flowing over the back so if budget is your main concern you have options.

Now maybe Stevie can chime in on any upcoming Black Friday deals, i know im waiting for some new goodies to order!!!!!!

It also will flow right over the top in the caddy as they do not have a taller rear wall. But they tried to copy other design features I took years to develop.

They also used really crappy "acrylic"

I can buy theirs cheaper @ wholesale than I can make an inTank version, if that tells you anything.

Annnnnnnnnd the caddy doesn't make your water wet ;)

Archived