Cultivated Reef

Dan`s 1st reef tank (now 40 Breeder)

Dan R

Im on the verge of throwing a 10 gallon that is currently planted fw. And swap to salt i cant take waiting any longer! I keep seeing all these 10s around and i think its a great place to start at before jumping to a larger tank which i as well have a rimless almost same size as a 40b that i cant set up becuase theres not enough room, (She says) .Great pictures and thanks for sharing

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im on the verge of throwing a 10 gallon that is currently planted fw. And swap to salt i cant take waiting any longer! I keep seeing all these 10s around and i think its a great place to start at before jumping to a larger tank which i as well have a rimless almost same size as a 40b that i cant set up becuase theres not enough room, (She says) .Great pictures and thanks for sharing

There is all ways room [you just have to work on her]. A 10 Gal. is a great place to start.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished up my light last night and hung it. No LED's yet my apex is on my 10 gal.tank so T5's will have to do for now.IMG_20150308_161419.jpg

Awsome=] I do like the bkack sand - also what are you running for filtration back there??

Thanks I am running a AC110 right now. Working on building a skimmer to fit in there.

Yesterday I went to PEA to get fish food ended up getting a orange torch two hermits and some fish food. Today I finally got everything moved over from my 10 to my 40B .

IMG_20150315_190706.jpgIMG_20150315_190720.jpgIMG_20150315_190731.jpg

Ol blue. Does he or she ever try and get into the tank ?

Or like to watch it?

Blue is a he. He has never try to get into the tank.. He has tried to lick the clown fish through the glass. His spectrum of color is a lot better than ours so he does like to watch it.

My CC from my 10 gal wasn't getting it in this 40. I went to PEA yesterday to pick up more snails and ended up with another torch. My wife had to have a duncan and a St Thomas mushroom. I guess I will have to get started on her tank 20L.

IMG_20150322_212825.jpgIMG_20150322_212831.jpg

How long have you had Blue? Beautiful bird!

I have had blue all his life he is still a young bird he is only 7 years old. I am definitely his buddy but he has my wife's speaking voice and laugh.

NorthGaHillbilly

I have had blue all his life he is still a young bird he is only 7 years old. I am definitely his buddy but he has my wife's speaking voice and laugh

Sounds pretty hilarious, we have some friends with a gray, its a nice bird, but cusses like a sailor :lol:

A gold torch would really set off that torch island.

Sounds pretty hilarious, we have some friends with a gray, its a nice bird, but cusses like a sailor :lol:

I am lucky blue has my wife's vocabulary not mine otherwise he would use a lot of 4 letter words.

Trust me if PEA has a gold torch they will let me know. Need a fish more right now.

The gold torch is in my tank he just has to wait till it grows out and i can frag it.

The gold torch is in my tank he just has to wait till it grows out and i can frag it.

AHA the benefits of a good son in law living so close. I wouldn't gotten this far with out him.

Haven't posted in a while. I figure it was time to update Last weekend I picked up a goby and a cleaner shrimp.

IMG_20150329_155327.jpgIMG_20150405_171134.jpg

Yesterday I picked up a yellow tang now every fish is in the corner taking turns getting cleaned by the shrimp.

IMG_20150405_180502.jpg

Archived