inTank Media Baskets

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

While I was changing water and gluing frags, I noticed there were lots of tiny fish fry swimming near the surface of the water. The clown fish must have spawned :)

Unfortunately there's no way I could do anything with them so I hardened my heart and turned the filters back on. Poor baby fish :(

• Like 6

I took a few quick cell phone pics after I glued up the frags. Here's a top down shot of Fraggle Rock:
(Edit: I fixed the link from my cell phone so that the picture will show up without clicking the link)

19486249454_6e4908236e_b.jpgFragile Rock by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 9

Video is private! :)

Interesting that the colors are changing. What lighting was Zia running?

Oops, the video should be fixed now.

Zia was running LEDs:

Display: 36''x14''x14'' Custom glass rimless Aquarium

Lighting: 2 x EcoTech Radion XR30w Pro

I'm pretty sure his lighting was brighter than mine as I've only got my whites on the Nanobox set to 90 out of 256 right now, although the blues are on 190.

I took an updated FTS this evening with the real camera. There's definitely some brown in the SPS that I'll be watching, but nutrient levels are OK and I did a water change last night. I think keeping things stable is best at this time. As Markalot says, "feed heavily, export frantically". So I'll be feeding regularly and doing frequent small water changes while everything gets acclimated to the increased light further up in the tank.

19941852650_6372ca1907_b.jpg2015-07-29 FTS by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 15

What's the green one with purple tips??

It was an unknown SPS from the LFS. Markalot ID'd it as one called "Purple Fuzz", and from what I can find from image searches I think he's right.

Here's a better picture of it that I took tonight. You can also see the not-completely brown pink lemonade a little lower down.

19510409203_5ff0fb5f17_b.jpgPurple Fuzz by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 2

It was an unknown SPS from the LFS. Markalot ID'd it as one called "Purple Fuzz", and from what I can find from image searches I think he's right.

Here's a better picture of it that I took tonight. You can also see the not-completely brown pink lemonade a little lower down.

19510409203_5ff0fb5f17_b.jpgPurple Fuzz by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Its sooo pretty!! Thanks!!

• Like 1

Looks very very nice!

Thanks, Mark!

everything looks so good!

Thanks. I learned a lot from your pictures about white balance. I'm still not happy with the color balance I have in the pictures of this tank, especially compared to the 4g tank where the colors are more natural. Everything in this tank turns out some shade of purple/pink. I think I need to start bringing up the whites more.

nice FTS!

Sorry about the baby fishies. :(

Thanks Kat! I'm happy that the clowns were happy enough to spawn, though.

• Like 1

I think the pics are great! Then again I like having lots of pink/purple light in my tank :).

Thanks! It's funny because I've never had much coralline in my 4g tank, but in this tank I get it like crazy.

The gobies came out to play tonight :wub:

GBG #1 hangs out in a little hole in the rock in between the acans:

20105107886_0f4744c0fa_b.jpgGBG #1 by TeenyReef, on Flickr

GBG #2 tends to wander all over the tank and I never know where he'll be.

20131386635_41f716e8b3_b.jpgGBG #2 by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 6

Talking about the pink lemonade frag. I have the same and thought I needed to have it zapped with light. However I found it liked a little less light and it bounced back. Who knows!

Tank is looking amazing.

Thanks! It's funny because I've never had much coralline in my 4g tank, but in this tank I get it like crazy.

GBG #1 by TeenyReef, on Flickr

GBG #2 tends to wander all over the tank and I never know where he'll be.

GBG #2 by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 1

While I was changing water and gluing frags, I noticed there were lots of tiny fish fry swimming near the surface of the water. The clown fish must have spawned :)

Unfortunately there's no way I could do anything with them so I hardened my heart and turned the filters back on. Poor baby fish :(

Such is the way of the ocean! I am liking how this tank is looking in your recent FTS.
  • Like 1
reefernanoman

I took an updated FTS this evening with the real camera. There's definitely some brown in the SPS that I'll be watching, but nutrient levels are OK and I did a water change last night. I think keeping things stable is best at this time. As Markalot says, "feed heavily, export frantically". So I'll be feeding regularly and doing frequent small water changes while everything gets acclimated to the increased light further up in the tank.

19941852650_6372ca1907_b.jpg2015-07-29 FTS by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Looking beautiful as always!

• Like 3

Looking amazing man! Love it.

Thanks, Justinfox! I just caught up on your build thread. I hope everybody that's following this thread checks out yours, because it's fantastic :bowdown:

My Purple Fuzz is clinging to life on the frag rack. :(

Bummer! From day one, mine has thrived in this tank. It's different from most of the SPS I've had in that it's really bushy and rarely retracts the polyps. It's almost like some weird cross between an acro and an LPS :)

Talking about the pink lemonade frag. I have the same and thought I needed to have it zapped with light. However I found it liked a little less light and it bounced back. Who knows!

Tank is looking amazing.

I know what you mean - I'm always wondering if I've got too much light or not enough, since a lot of the time the results are very similar for some corals. And then the rest of the time it's just because the light changed too quickly :)

The pink lemonade seems to be keeping its color so far, so I think after a few weeks in the higher light it should be a lot brighter.

Such is the way of the ocean! I am liking how this tank is looking in your recent FTS.

Yup, it's just the way it goes. I have lots of live bearers in my 90g FW tank, so I'm used to just letting nature take its course. But with the live bearers I have lots of live plants and a few of them always survive. When I turned the filter back on it was a little sad to know there's no way any of these guys will survive :(

• Like 2

20105107886_0f4744c0fa_b.jpgGBG #1 by TeenyReef, on Flickr

This is awesome :wub: Love the mix of acans and rics!

• Like 2

This is awesome :wub: Love the mix of acans and rics!

Thanks! Your tanks are beautiful, btw :wub:

I love the look of the acans and the rics, but they don't snuggle well. Any time the rics cover up a little bit of an acan head, the acan loses big time. But since the acans have been growing quickly, my plan (well...my hope) is that they'll just grow out new heads on the opposite side from the rics.

• Like 1