Coral Vue Hydros

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

I got one of those cheap GoPro knockoffs from Amazon for $38. Score! :happydance:

This is my first underwater video. I was just trying out the camera to see how it worked underwater. I wasn't trying to make a big production out of it, but I think it turned out surprising well given that I spent less than two minutes making it :D

Wow that is nice.....now we need a link to this 38 dollar score.......

• Like 3

Wow that is nice.....now we need a link to this 38 dollar score.......

It's not quite as cheap now, the sale is over. But with the $15 off code (which still seems to work) it's $58.

Code: KMZ54DKR

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JFMT1RM?tag=kinjadeals-20&ascsubtag=1ea4081e9d45c0de8c862cc1a07157db296307c3&rawdata=%5Br%7Chttp%3A%2F%2Fdeals.kinja.com%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Ddbpower%5Bt%7Cmod-title%5Bp%7C1772556868%5Ba%7CB00JFMT1RM%5Bau%7C5727177402741770316%5Bb%7Cdeals

Here's a comparison video. Hint: it stacks up pretty good :lol:

• Like 3

It's not quite as cheap now, the sale is over. But with the $15 off code (which still seems to work) it's $58.

Code: KMZ54DKR

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JFMT1RM?tag=kinjadeals-20&ascsubtag=1ea4081e9d45c0de8c862cc1a07157db296307c3&rawdata=%5Br%7Chttp%3A%2F%2Fdeals.kinja.com%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Ddbpower%5Bt%7Cmod-title%5Bp%7C1772556868%5Ba%7CB00JFMT1RM%5Bau%7C5727177402741770316%5Bb%7Cdeals

Here's a comparison video. Hint: it stacks up pretty good :lol:

Well now you did it......and I thought there was only one buzzkill :lol:

• Like 3

Hey teeny....where do you keep your heater (I would imagine in the third chamber cause i dont see it in the tank) and what brand are you currently using? Still the Finnex 50watt? Also...you totally convinced me to buy that camera...great deal for about 60 bucks thanks

• Like 1

Amazing tank and photography teeny!

Thanks! I appreciate you stopping by.

Hey teeny....where do you keep your heater (I would imagine in the third chamber cause i dont see it in the tank) and what brand are you currently using? Still the Finnex 50watt? Also...you totally convinced me to buy that camera...great deal for about 60 bucks thanks

Yep, third chamber, Finnex 50 watt.

I've been pretty impressed by the camera considering what I paid for it :)

Another question....what brand/chemical do you use to adjust alk/Cal/Mag?

Alk/Cal is Seachem Reef Fusion, Mag is Aqua Vitro Ions.

Which reminds me, I need to check my mag levels, I haven't done it in about a month!

• Like 1

I got some new frag racks from Oceanbox Designs. They look great and take up a lot less space. Here's what my old frag rack looked like:

26464536480_20187d12e9_b.jpgOld Frag Rack by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Here are the same frags on the two new frag racks:

26464539770_09774e8c3d_b.jpgNew Frag Racks by TeenyReef, on Flickr

And here's a top down of the whole tank:

26464543760_9daf543791_b.jpg2016-04-30 IM10 Top Down by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 7

Busy in there! Colors all so pretty.

Thanks, Annette!

I really need to glue up some of the new acros. But I'm waiting to see what they all look like as they color up. I'm having a real problem deciding which ones to glue up since I have too many and they're all pretty :blush:

• Like 2

Thanks, Annette!

I really need to glue up some of the new acros. But I'm waiting to see what they all look like as they color up. I'm having a real problem deciding which ones to glue up since I have too many and they're all pretty :blush:

Just send them to me and I'll decide for you then ship back what should be glued in.
  • Like 1
teenyreef

Teeny, you taking stills with the same camera you shot the video with?

No, although it doesn't take bad stills. These latest ones were taken with my Nikon D5500 using the stock lens.

Just send them to me and I'll decide for you then ship back what should be glued in.

Heh heh, nice try :lol:

Love the new underwater video!! Now I want one :) thanks for the link and the code!!!

Enjoy :D

• Like 3

Hey Teeny! Sorry to see you're having trouble with dinos. I found a blackout worked really well for me -- 3 days was enough to get rid of them/cut them back to the point where I haven't seen any since -- but I didn't really have any stock to worry about in my tank.

• Like 1
teenyreef

Hey Teeny! Sorry to see you're having trouble with dinos. I found a blackout worked really well for me -- 3 days was enough to get rid of them/cut them back to the point where I haven't seen any since -- but I didn't really have any stock to worry about in my tank.

Thanks the encouraging news! The lights go back on today so hopefully they will stay gone.

• Like 1
teenyreef

I just had such a bad strain of it nothing worked for me unfortunately.

Yeah, unfortunately it seems that there are big differences in how different strains of dinos affect different tanks. The lights are back on in the frag tank now and there's no sign of them, but I know that doesn't mean much. If they are coming back it will take a couple days before they become visible.

The 4g tank is on day 3 of lights out now. I caught it a lot earlier in that tank so I'm hoping for the best.

teenyreef

Last night I checked alk and it was low at 6.8 (I shoot for 7.5). I was lazy and didn't want to get my butt out of the seat to do a small manual dose, so I decided it would be really easy to just turn the alk doser on for a minute or two using the Apex controller.

Then while I was waiting I decided to rinse out the alk testing bottle since it would only take a minute. You can see where this is going, I'm sure...

After doing a bunch of other stuff that I remembered to do while I was up rinsing the alk test bottle, I got into the cabinet under the tank, and while I was there I heard the dosing pump running. :eek:

Turns out I had it running for about an hour and a half :rant:

I had enough saltwater made up to do a 50% water change, which I followed up with a 10 ml vinegar dose to get the Ph down a bit. I stayed up till three in the morning making another bucket of water and doing another 50% water change, followed by another 10 ml of vinegar. At that point, Ph was back to normal and alk was down to about 10.5 (still up 4 from the original level).

I did one more 50% water change this afternoon, and amazingly everything looks fine, like nothing ever happened. :rolleyes:

• Like 6

Last night I checked alk and it was low at 6.8 (I shoot for 7.5). I was lazy and didn't want to get my butt out of the seat to do a small manual dose, so I decided it would be really easy to just turn the alk doser on for a minute or two using the Apex controller.

Then while I was waiting I decided to rinse out the alk testing bottle since it would only take a minute. You can see where this is going, I'm sure...

After doing a bunch of other stuff that I remembered to do while I was up rinsing the alk test bottle, I got into the cabinet under the tank, and while I was there I heard the dosing pump running. :eek:

Turns out I had it running for about an hour and a half :rant:

I had enough saltwater made up to do a 50% water change, which I followed up with a 10 ml vinegar dose to get the Ph down a bit. I stayed up till three in the morning making another bucket of water and doing another 50% water change, followed by another 10 ml of vinegar. At that point, Ph was back to normal and alk was down to about 10.5 (still up 4 from the original level).

I did one more 50% water change this afternoon, and amazingly everything looks fine, like nothing ever happened. :rolleyes:

Whew!!! That was a close call that I am glad went the right way. All we reefers need one of those incidents to remind us that 1. We humans are not error proof and 2. We are stewards of our captive creatures but even the most conscientious of us will have mishaps and we need to give ourselves grace when that happens and things don't go the right way. It is the inherent risk to keeping captive creatures in a delicately balanced eco system.

O yeah, I wanted to say I think the new frag rack is a big upgrade.

• Like 3
teenyreef

Whew!!! That was a close call that I am glad went the right way. All we reefers need one of those incidents to remind us that 1. We humans are not error proof and 2. We are stewards of our captive creatures but even the most conscientious of us will have mishaps and we need to give ourselves grace when that happens and things don't go the right way. It is the inherent risk to keeping captive creatures in a delicately balanced eco system.

O yeah, I wanted to say I think the new frag rack is a big upgrade.

Thanks, Dawn, that's very true and very well said :flower:

And I love the new frag racks :)

• Like 1
teenyreef

I took some pictures of fish tonight, it's been a long time!

Squidward, my Tail Spot Blenny, doesn't take crap from anyone. He was peacefully cleaning off the MP-10 while it was turned off and I decide to take some pictures cause he was so cute. Then the clowns decided to bully him a little. Just as I was taking the pictures he hauled off and bit one of clowns right on the nose. :D
It was just like the cliche when the bully gets hit on the nose and runs away crying. The clowns left Squidward alone after that... :lol:
26761150125_88f30ffa48_b.jpgSassy Squidward by TeenyReef, on Flickr
On the other hand, Fitzgerald, the Pink Streaked Wrasse, gets along fine with Squidward :wub:
A cool picture of Fitzgerald in back of the tank where it's dark:
26155564244_63cc031d5d_b.jpgFitzgerald by TeenyReef, on Flickr
This picture of Fitzgerald is really really rare. He almost never comes all the way to the front of the tank where I can get clear pictures of him!
26735963026_8f5760eb23_b.jpgFitzgerald by TeenyReef, on Flickr
A more peaceful picture of the clowns, Humphrey and Dilbert, hosting the zoas and palys. Silly clowns :rolleyes:
  • Like 10

At least you caught the mistake teeny.. I'm also glad to know my clowns arnt the only bullies out there poor squidwart

• Like 2