inTank Media Baskets

Low Stock Alert: Maxspect Gyre

Marine Depot

The Maxspect XF150 Gyre Generator with revolutionary crossflow water movement technology is going to sell out this week!

Place your order by 6pm EST and your Gyre will ship today!

BONUS: The Gyre ships FREE within the U.S. and includes a T-shirt in the print and size of your choice!

banner2.jpg

FEATURES

• Crossflow Technology
  • Discrete Design
  • Directional Twin Flow Cages
  • Evenly Distributed Flow
  • Gyre Generating Flows - Virtually No Dead Spots
  • Controller with Mountable Craddle
  • Waterproof Mounting Magnet
  • 12 Month Warranty

gyrexf150pumplabel.jpg
gyrexf150pumpsidel.jpg
gyrexfpumpback.jpg
gyrecontrollercradle.jpg
gyreverticalcornermount.jpg
gyrehorizontalsidemount.jpg

Lot of people are posting initial issues/bugs with the roll out. What's been marine depots exp? Initially bugs can be expected but seems holding off on these might be wise.

Lot of people are posting initial issues/bugs with the roll out. What's been marine depots exp? Initially bugs can be expected but seems holding off on these might be wise.

What issues/bugs? Have a link?

jedimasterben

I've seen a handful of people with issues, and there are probably a bunch more that are not members of any forums, but in comparison to the thousands of units sold so far I don't think there is much cause for concern, especially considering that it is a brand new product.

There's gonna be failures and things to work out, but luckily that is a very small percentage.

When will the smaller one be on the market?

early/mid December last I heard.

Last week we heard end of November, but ETAs for new merchandise always fluctuate. Chris from CoralVue showed us a prototype of the smaller version in our booth at Reef-A-Palooza. I didn't see it in action, although size-wise it "appeared" significantly smaller than the XF150. The brochure in front of me says the 50W is 11.8" while the 35W is 9.5" ... although it also has the disclaimer "subject to change." It's definitely less bulky.

We've sold in the triple digits and only one return so far. The only thing we've heard more than once is it's louder than they expected. Our personal experience in the office and when we took it home is that it was quieter than we expected. Reading from others experience who had a prototype, there seems to be a bit of a break-in period, so we've asked customers who complained about the noise to give it some time and follow up. Time will tell, but this has been a smooth launch so far. We feel confident in the product, plus it carries a generous warranty, so we don't feel early adopters have much to fear. There is a lot riding on the success of these devices, so if issues do arise, Marine Depot/Maxspect/CoralVue will resolve them.

Just sold out!!!

Archived