inTank Media Baskets

Fusion 20 & 2.5. Finally new stuff!

FlamingPrawn

Pic heavy update! Got my a150 Kessil Sky blue in!!!!!

First off, this thing is BRIGHT. I'm really nervous about putting some coral in there under this badboy. I have it as high off the water as I can get it with the gooseneck. Going to pick up a "trial" SPS frag from a buddy to see how it does under the literal "par cannon". Currently I have it 10" off the top of the water & the closet rock to the light is another 4-5" down so hopefully it isn't too much! :)

And now, time for the pictures.

CPZWscFl.jpg

NOxlN6yl.jpg

uC510P1l.jpg

fyO6hekl.jpg

3gATOIKl.jpg

twFNSjAl.jpg

utsOOkdl.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rimless fluval edge looks LEGIT. Reminds me of an ADA tank or Mr.Aqua.

That was kinda the goal :) This light has me worried i'll par-cannon blast anything I put underneath it. Now just need another Koralia nano and a digital thermometer

Tank has officially been taken over in 3 days flat with some nice algae. Good to know the light is doing its job haha. I currently have it on a 10am-10pm schedule. Just changed the light schedule to noon-8pm. First coral will be in Thursday and a trip to the one and only Tidal Gardens on Saturday!!!!

Also. REALLY need everyone's and anyone's opinion on a way I can mount the Kessil higher off the tank. Hanging from the ceiling is out. Just wondering if there is anything Home Depot or Lowes wise that can work as an extension for my to clamp the light higher off the tank. Going to put the lighter higher and can lower as necessary if the corals need it. Thank in advance!

SO... HUGE UPDATE on a personal level

Decided to pick up my first Coral(s) today.

Got some type of Green Acro & yellow polyps. Woo big deal eh?

MORE IMPORTANTLY. A good friend and fellow reefer was nice enough to give me an old MP10... FOR FREE!

Granted it is kinda loud on the motor side but it is working just a ok. So many different options.

I'll post pictures tomorrow when the light is back on of the Acro so maybe someone can give me a good idea of what it is??

Why didnt you wait for the Kessil a160? Maybe you can return and switch it for those. They are controlable.

I bought the kessil used... not from kessil. Got one heck of a deal too so it was well worth it :)

Also update time: NEW CORAL! NEW CORAL! NEW CORAL! NEW CORAL!

First off... if anyone needs lessons on keeping coral or want tips. CHECK OUT TIDAL GARDENS! Than is absolutely amazing and one of the most sincerest people I've ever met. Finally got to go out to his greenhouse and check it out. The stuff you see on the website is just 1% of what he actually has its amazing! Here is what I picked up today

5f3fSUHl.jpg

YCwr9Bcl.jpg

hFvPbpjl.jpg

v7cMUJWl.jpg

I bought the kessil used... not from kessil. Got one heck of a deal too so it was well worth it :)

That explains! Glad you got a crazy good deal on it.

Sexy time! picked up 3 sexy shrimp... 1 male 2 females. They've been hanging out all buddy buddy since they've been in the tank :) One of the females already started eyeing up my Green Acro... Wondering if anyone has had experience with sexy's going after coral? Hopefully they find their way to the maxi. Anywho... here's some pictures of em :)

seZUbhil.jpg

5jML6NOl.jpg

Nice addition with the sexy, been debating them myself. Let me know how they play out.

Will do :) I'd still like to figure out what fish I want to add... When i picked up the sexys the tail spot blenny i've been evening for a solid 2 months was still at the LFS...

• 2 weeks later...
FlamingPrawn

Felt the need to give a New Years update!

All 3 Sexys have finally found their way to the mini maxi and rarely leave it. I have noticed my 2 heads of rainbow Acans are finally a full head again after they were fragged and are eating every other day. The Green Slimer I haven't seen much growth but it might just be me. I had to take out the free mp10 as it was just too dang loud. Plan on adding some Purple Haze encrusting Montipora & Pink Pocillopora next trip to Tidal Gardens :) Possibly another anem or small brain.. we shall see

HAPPY 2015 EVERYONE!

• 2 weeks later...

Update: So Tidal Gardens had a LIVE coral sale today... Couldn't help myself

I will be posting pictures tomorrow with all the new goodies :)

Here was my haul:

African yellow Midas Blenny

Yellow Clown Goby

Bluberry Acropora

Purple Bonsai Acropora

GOLDEN LEPTOSERIS!

Rainbow Montipora

I will probably be picking up some more tomorrow during part two! Everything has been going smoothly :) Might need to pick up a 2nd koralia 240 as the left side of the tank seems pretty lame on flow. Pictures will come tomorrow!

Coral Coral Coral Time!!!

Dragon's Breath MacroAlgae

Yellow Birdsnest

Blueberry Shortcake Acropora

Purple Bonsai Acropora

Short Tentacle Green Fungia Plate

Rainbow Encrusting Montipora

Sapphire Mushroom

Golden Leptoseris

Jack-O-Lantern Leptoseris!!!!!

olSGLyfl.jpg

11Kv2PVl.jpg

OK2dgNhl.jpg

igBO6R1l.jpg

g0rTd3wl.jpg

icnjg04l.jpg

78hjfv8l.jpg

qwFx45Kl.jpg

ZPqVshDl.jpg

xqeyavul.jpg

6wqsKDal.jpg

eUes4oPl.jpg

As a note and place hold for myself :) Going to start dosing AcroPower daily. Bottle recommends 5mL for 25 gallons. Going to dose 1mL 5X per week... which comes out to about 2 hashes on my syringe or 5 drops

Starting date is 1/11/15

Was waiting for someone to post their Tidalgardens purchases! Awesome collection you got your hands on man.

Thankfully I love close so I just went there today and picked up my stuff :) and of course got a "sneak" peek at what was offered today. Than was awesome enough to let me choose from the stuff going up on the live sale today and just grabbed another frag. He's by far the perfect example of what the coral world needs. I hope the Leptoserises grow fast! I'm curious to see if anyone out there has used AcroPower and could comment on its success?

Looking solid man

Thanks :) I know its a lot of frags right now but I hope with the lighting / dosing / water change schedule things pick up speed in growth. Midas Blenny is still off-yellow. He's eating like a big and coloring up little by little everyday

More update....

Dreamweaver Chalic

Bird of Paradise

CvCd1EXl.jpg

95a8RUHl.jpg

FTS

ZzZRxTAl.jpg

ALSO! Got some sweet reef related things coming hopefully this week... i'll post them as soon as they come :)

love the new coral. How are the sexy shrimp doing?

Sexys?Sexies? are good... i think one of the females is pregnant... that or she is just SUPER thick haha. They are slowly starting to explore on the SPS's. Midas Blenny is fully colored up back to an amazing yellow. Clown goby is complete weirdo and sits on EVERYTHING. I glued all the frags down finally so I don't have to worry about stuff getting knocked over. Contemplating fragging my mini maxi... Buddy said its super easy. Not sure I want to hurt him though :(

• 2 weeks later...

As an update. Everything WAS going great until this stuff came out of nowhere... I have no idea what it is. More importantly I think its start to affect the coral. I feed every other day (half a cube of mysis) and lights are on from 1:00pm-8:00pm. Using Distilled water from the grocery store. I have been doing anywhere from 25-40% water change weekly. Running chemipure elite, purigen, and pura pad. Flow is one hydor koralia nano on the far right side (see FTS).It blows away easily but every time I stir it up it comes back within a day... any suggestions (within reason!) will be attempted. Getting sick of looking at this brown algae. Starting to feel defeated :(

rjbuii6l.jpg

yA9BWrPl.jpg

Archived