inTank Media Baskets

I'm an idiot

hwk7072

So I got my Nano Box Duo today, but the mount was for rimless. I have a rimmed tank, a transitional tank while I learn the ropes and plan my beauty. I IM'd Dave and he said he would get another mount out right away. But me being an impetuous and impatient sort I decided to try to notch out a section of the rim wide enough that I could mount the light - on a full 20 gallon Aqueon tank. I was almost there... one...more...little...cut.......and craaaack! All the way down the back followed by a hideous trickling sound on the carpet.

Miraculously I was able to hold it in place, thinking every minute the whole thing was going to burst on the carpet and my wife would put the kibosh on the whole thing. But my 10 year old daughter was in the room doing her homework and I "asked" her to get two siphon hoses and grab three 5g buckets, as she scrambled around trying to find them. She had to empty one that she could barely lift, but was a real trouper, starting the siphons and holding two hoses in the buckets while I held the back glass together. Probably less than a gallon got out.

So Dave suggested a Mr. Aqua, and as I already bought a CPR overflow, that's what I ordered. 32 gallon 24x17x17. All's well that ends well. With beer. And maybe a Lagavulin or three to take the edge off. I didn't like this Aqueon anyhow.

Yeah now I've got a bunch of pieces of glass that I need to cut for baffles in a DIY sump smirking at me. They're saying "so how much you wanna bet he goes out and buys a sump."

I've probbly spent more money trying to save money, including my own labor, and returning things and paying the shipping to upgrade to the real thing, that I could have been close to a nice PNP system. At least I got the real thing with the Duo, kind of the centerpiece of the system.

any livestock in the tank???
Just a hermit and a snail, which are now back in their 5g, probably having their version of a beer. Well, most definitely not beer for them.

Archived