SaltCritters.com

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

I barely remember it since I was only in 1st grade.

I saw it on the news but I thought it was a movie or something because it was unbelievable to me at the time.

• Like 1

Beautiful Nook! The tank has a zen quality to it. :wub:

As always, I learn tons from this thread. Thraustochytrids!! Wow.

I hope your ankle is back to normal. I do not wear high heels anymore. I'm a klutz! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Goniopora

Nov 2014

20141106_143232_1.jpg

April 2015

P4050051.JPG

THose white tips on it can pack a sting apparently, it has cleared a nice little radius around itself, probably for expansion. The yellow face red skirt zoas to the left are pretty much stung to oblivion.

• Like 4

Goniopora

Nov 2014

April 2015

THose white tips on it can pack a sting apparently, it has cleared a nice little radius around itself, probably for expansion. The yellow face red skirt zoas to the left are pretty much stung to oblivion.

Yay progress ang growth!

And yeah, they're agressive little corals. That's why I asked if the nearby zoas are glued down. The goni will eventually clear a nice circle around it... lol

• Like 2

Yay progress ang growth!

And yeah, they're agressive little corals. That's why I asked if the nearby zoas are glued down. The goni will eventually clear a nice circle around it... lol

:(

I took off the poor zoa colony it was killing, let's hope it recovers. Is there anything I can put in the gaping hole that Gonioporas do not bother? GSP?

See these 2 near perfect circular marks on my Rabbit? Neon Goby loves to clean him. The Rabbit doesn't like it very much, given the scars he makes who would allow that! But when I feed the tank, the neon goby, decides to latch on to the rabbit to clean him. Such an opportunist.

20150421_085658-01.jpeg

• Like 1

Interesting. My rabbit loves to get cleaned and will fully expand all his fins and wait patiently until the neon comes over.

The Rabbit wants to be cleaned by the 6 line. Flares his fins and nudges him all the time. :)

• Like 1

:(

I took off the poor zoa colony it was killing, let's hope it recovers. Is there anything I can put in the gaping hole that Gonioporas do not bother? GSP?

ehhhhh other goniopora? lol

In my tank I have 3 gonis that are close and dont seem to be harming each other. But I think they really don't like other corals. Like, from what I've read not only do they pack a punch on the polyps, but they're pretty agressive with chemical warfare as well. I remember that my sun coral was puking everywhere from the goni's toxins before I changed the carbon in my system a while back.

• Like 1

I have a neon(technically a sharknose) too, just got him/her a couple days ago and it goes at my hand pretty good now that it's comfortable. I guess they do what is called "cheating" sometimes:

Some Elacatinus cleaners cheat by feeding on scales and mucus of clients in addition to ectoparasites on their clients, which is confirmed by examination of their stomach contents. However, cheating may result in punishment. When clients realize that they are being cheated on, they interrupt the cleaning interaction and swim away or do not return to the gobies' cleaning station in the future, which may result in the cheater obtaining less resource than they could have obtained without cheating.

I love how they phrased that.. like goby is a slick car salesman and the client fish is getting hosed on a deal.

On the goniopora, is that the aquacultured stuff that I have seen here and there which the interwebs claims is pretty hardy?

• Like 2

On the goniopora, is that the aquacultured stuff that I have seen here and there which the interwebs claims is pretty hardy?

I'm not sure TBH. It was a frag being sold by a hobbyist at a frag swap back in September.